Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Race Report for the Aug. 16th race held at Chesterman Power Products.  (Read 1294 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Race Report for the Aug. 16th race held at Chesterman Power Products.

Tillsonburg Outlaw club

After the normal pre-race briefing, ribbon and win presentations were handled by Junior driver # 10x Cameron Davidson from Brantford Ont. Cameron did a great job announcing the winners. Cameron's choice of assistance was fellow racer # 52 Jacob Sheridan from Mount Brydges. Who knows, maybe there is a career in broadcasting?

This week during intermission we had a half time show.  After mudding in the track early in the night, one of our "Expert" teams decided they should scrap all the mud off in the middle of the staging area. Not real impressed with the mud where everyone walks, the old guy in the club (that would be me) knelt down and started picking up the gobs of clay. Well in about 10 seconds (before my blood started to boil) I had several 5,6,7,8 and 9 year olds gathered around asking "what are you doing?" Seeing the chance to be sneaky, I said, "we are having a mud throwing competition, want to join in?" Very quickly the racers had several balls of mud moulded into throwing shape. If there is such a thing as organized mud throwing, it went off without a hitch, no one lost an eye and with our not too accurate method of measuring, no one won or lost put we had a lot of fun throwing dirt into the corn field. After the fun, some of the kids were kind of disappointed that they missed out on the action.  Little did they know they just missed the work detail.  grin

On to the racing:

With the previous weeks presentations looked after, the beginners suited up for the first race. This included young Dylan Watson  from St Thomas, driving the # 78 kart for the first time. (in two years). Dylan never made the top 3 this week but he gave it a heck of a shot by finishing all 3 races which does not always happen with new drivers. Tied for 2nd place this week was # 57 Bryson Green/ Ingersoll (2,3,2) and # 93 Rayse Meyer/Courtland (1,2,4) Yes , that was a win and a 2nd for Rayse.  Hmmmmm, somebody is getting faster. Spoiler this week was the # 01 car driven by Jamie Hall/Wilsonville with a 3,1,1. The series shows Rayse and Bryson tied for the lead before throwing out each racers worst score, so now is the time to print off the sheet to prove you have more points then everyone else.  LOL

# 52 Jacob Sheridan/Mt Brydges  went into the night with a 4 point series lead. # 48 Andrew Marshall took back 2 of those points by winning for the night with 1,1,3 finishes. Not one to shoot for 2nd, Sheridan came out swinging after a poor 10 lap sprint with improved results, 4,2,1. These two look to take the series down to the last week and likely the last race. Not far off the pace was # 10x Cameron Davidson. Must have been the excitement of public speaking that made him faster. Either way, he rounded out the top 3 this week in the Juniors.

You have to love computers. the newsletter was totally done, pictures added and I hit the send button. BOOM -- sorry, outlook express had a fatal error and anything after the last "save" was GONE. That was here so I will start the 2nd half of the newsletter again after a brief cooling down period. (me, not the computer)

For some time now I have been preaching that the Seniors have no clear dominant driver. They all are fast and they all can win. Grit and determination is going to win the summer series.
Proof of this claim can be seen in this weeks results. A three way tie for 2nd place. After a brief absence to repair his motor and recharge his battery, # 20 DJ McRae, who was at the very back of the grid for each start, managed to claw his way forwards with each additional race. After good results last week both # 10 Blake Westman and # 3 Jaxon Jacobs also started near the back and ended the night tied with McRae with 37 points each. # 39 Kate Courtnage took the win and has moved into 2nd place for the series. Only 4 points behind # 87 Brad Perrott who sat out this week, making that his night to drop. I think there are 4 drivers who have a very real chance of winning the championship and will be racing with that goal in mind. The wild card is there are two drivers that should have been in that mix and have nothing to loose by going for the "win" at this point. Add into that 3 more drivers that if things go right can work their way to overall win results if things go their way and you have one heck of a race. This group of racers are having to dig deeper every week as the group gets faster, more consistent and more skilled.

As for the Experts. # 34 Scott Chesterman set a crazy fast qualifying time of 7.383 and a "race" time of 7.578. Both records for the year. That was too much for the rest of the field as the races wore on. Defeating all others in qualifying and both racers was # 1 Holly Porter. Now you would think that being the 2nd fastest driver in the club this week, she would earn some respect but someone with the urge to egg her to go even faster made the comment, and I quote, " Holly, you drove really well tonight.................. for a girl. "   Ohhhhh, someone is going to get his kermupins one of these days.  Rounding out the top three was # 75 Dylan Chesterman. Cody Day, Devin Jarvis and Cody Coburn all fell victim to the "house" team this week. The Experts are in Wonderland this week and if we can get everyone's race program to come together on the same night, could have 10 racers out to put on a show. Lets hope all the teams are able to attend after the one week delay.

Two cameras were present this week. The St Johns had one and the Tillsonburg News reporter Chris Abbott had the other. Since Chris' better cameral works inside, this week you get to see.......me. Look at the style, look at the form, now if only I could knock a half second off my lap times. 
The two girls are on the infield having a tea party after an on track tango.  # 75 Dylan and # 88 Devin compare notes.

So I have hit the save button one last time and lets see........

Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14052.msg96445#msg96445
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats