Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Aaron Fike arrested  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
Aaron Fike arrested
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
 Jayski posted a short note stating Aaron Fike was arrested in Ohio on Saturday and it was drug related. The link they posted (WCPO.com) said heroin, syringes and spoons with residue were found inside his SUV. He was arrested with a woman. .
Too bad for dumb choices. Aaron is 8th in the truck series standings and has been running very well. Wonder how long it will take NASCAR to kick him to the curb. Atleast this time, we know what the drug is.

Mug shot .. I guess he is still sitting in the can awaiting a bail hearing.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6285.msg26857#msg26857
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Aaron Fike arrested
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
Re: Aaron Fike arrested
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:50:18 AM »
 UPDATE.

Aaron Fike was released on bail Monday AM and summoned directly to NASCAR HQ to under go drug testing . Fike has been parked pending the results of his test and will be replaced this weekend by driver David Green . Fike brings the number of drivers placed on suspension for drugs to 6 in the last 2 years .

I was a little surprised no one had a comment on this but I suppose there really isn't much to say at this point . I do think this exposes some of the flaws in not only NASCARs drug testing policy but most drug testing programs . It is conceivable that Fike could test negative since drugs such as heroin and cocaine can be passed by the body in as little as 48 to 72 hours while a drug like Marijuana will show a positive test up to 35 days after use .

While drivers like Shane Hmeil who was hitting the bong was easy to nail others who are jamming a rig in their arm or doing rails away from the track are almost impossible to catch unless they show up to the track high or are arrested by the police . I have never known a driver that was on H but I have known many that were or are cutting up lines in the back of the shop or smoking  blunts during the week .

I don't know what the answer to this problem is but I don't think what they are doing now is the way to go . For the record I don't know of a single driver in Canada that has ever been even tested for drugs let alone caught.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6285.msg27024#msg27024
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

HTML ezBlock

site
stats