Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Flamboro Results May-17th  (Read 1214 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Flamboro Results May-17th
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »
Well Finally broke my 2009 Race Count Goose Egg....haha.

As Flamboro hosted a little Sunday Night Showdown.....on a clear but chilly night.

5 classes took to the track tonight....

Aproxx. Car Counts

Mini-Stock:30ish
Thunder Car:25
Late Model:16
F4:5
V-Mod:16

All the Heats went off fairly problem free...few spins here and there but basically clean and green.

The MS LCQ had a bit of drama...as the 21 spun the 88..... and got black flagged...which I find a bit ridiculous as the 88 was all over the track....and then she finally realized she should slow down, but then was basically "stopping" going into the turns....and it was only a matter of time untill she got spun.....in saying that.... the 21 didn't really need to slam into the turn so hard, so he was not happy...parked under the flag stand...wound't get off... tow truck tryed to push him, but he just held the brake and turned into the wall..... ::)  ....it went from a poor call in my opinion on a black flag...to a 100% black flag for these antics.

TC LCQ went threw problem free.

MS Feature:31 Dave Bailey

Pretty Wild race....not a lot of yellows, but just some crazy 2-3 wide racing a lot of contact made out there, only 1 real incident..as 77X got spun and the 21 plowed into the side pretty hard.

TC Feature:17 Nick Roth

The best race of the night if you ask me.... the green flew just as fast as the yellow came out, an issue in the pits that required the the EMS....after that was taken care of the feature started again..and in turn 4 the 72 spun out of 3rd place and "The Rocket" was going to have to work his way from the back, 3rd time was a charm as the feature was under way, really good racing throughout the whole field....only 1 more yellow would slow the pace, the 17 got the lead fairly early and hung on for the win....
I must say  the TC field at Flamboro is littered with talent..and is really competitive, a lot of guys could win, and a few are just a bit of a tweak off from winning as well....it's a class to watch this year no dout.

LM Feature:03 Shane Maginnis

15 LM's took the green....there was a big "jumble" in turn-4 on lap one...some guys got side-ways some threw the grass but everyone was able to keep it straight and no yellow was thrown....spread the field out a bit, and it was a very clean and fast 30 laps....with not a lot of passing, 03 started on the pole and never looked back.

I left after the LM Feature.... worked all day...and it was cold, and there's plenty of racing to go, so I opted to leave before the 2 Mod Features.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9658.msg67391#msg67391
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:41:49 PM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Flamboro Results May-17th
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »

Offline Cooter86

• Race Fan
Re: Flamboro Results May-17th
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:05 PM »
In LM's, Maginnis was DQ'd(not confrimed why), Scott Lyons was declareded the winner.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9658.msg67392#msg67392

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
it was posted on flamboro chat that the 21 didnt have his steering wheel on when they tried to push him off.
and i agree the thunders are the best class at flamboro and maybe the best in ontario with so many potential winners...even a few back markers from last year have pulled up their socks are right in there now.
and no radios used again......made for a longer night, not sure why we bought them.
maginnis was DQ'd cuz Lyons was second..lol....kiddinggggggggggg

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9658.msg67397#msg67397
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:16:29 AM by jcrashm2 »
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats