Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Results June-28th  (Read 1848 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Sunset Results June-28th
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:40:22 AM »
It's 1:16 am I worked all day...I'm tired ...but here goes nothing.

Ltd. Late Models

Feature 1:Walters

Solid race was a little messy at the start...Walters flat dumped Morrow with under 10 to go..and ofcourse no caution is thrown...and Walters easly takes the win.  Not saying it was all Walters fault..Morrow did look to get loose, just there should have been a yellow...no BF or anything on Walters but atleast a yellow so he gets sent to the back....(I'l talk more about that later)

Feature 2:Morrow

Morrow had a great fight with Pool to take over 2nd and then ultimately the lead..with Walters right on his tail..but this time Walters didn't push the issue as much and Morrow won.

also to add...
The 1st LLM heat finish was AMAZING...Walters & Morrow came off turn 4 side-by-side Morrow got wayyy lose bounced off Walters straighten himself out and won by 1/4 of a car

4-Cly

Feature 1:Brian Love

Fairly clean race....Love didn't have the fastest car..but track position definitely helped him get far out in front and stay there.

B-Feature:Took a f-in year to get the cars onto the track....only to then send like 5 of them back off.... Chance WON his heat..and they had him out there for the B...how in the world can you mess up that bad....this is where the massive confusion began, and it just got worse as the night went on

Feature 2:HOW in the f@#%# hell does it take 25-30 mins after the LLM feature to get this feature going....like wow... ::)  and to boot it started to rain a bit..and everyone (that was still left in the stands...not many) were really getting frustrated and impaction...I under stand delays happen...but this was ridiculous.

I'l let somebody eles that was involved explain what happened and why some people didn't get to run and what not....because I'm just totally confused.

anyway... Nick Brown won..by a huge bit, his car was FLYING...I wonder if he passed tech? beacuse he looked twice as fast as anyone eles...lol

4-Fun

Feature 1:#15?

Had a couple scary moments...#69 caught on fire..but he got out ok, then the #6 got turned hard into the outside wall..and with EMS rushing over and really no word for a couple of minutes....it was a scary few moments..but everything turned out to be ok.

Feature 2:moved to next week

Thunder Cars

Feature 1:Mark Adams

Entertaining race..had a few tangle ups nothing major.

Feature 2:Roy Anderson

Race was pretty messy...everyone racing 3 ride running into each other...had about 3-4 cautions, and then just after a restart everyone was soooo jammed up you just knew something was going to happen...and soon enough coming 3 wide out of 4 they ran outta room..and Doucette got the worst of it as he got turned into the outside wall hard, and then Tammy Milligan who was also involved lost a motor or something..oiled down the whole track.

and with the rain starting to fall again they just called the night

Besides the HUGE mess up in the 4cly's the night went fairly well...there was a lot of cars and a lot of good racing.

But this "no yellow" needs to go..... from a fans stand point..I like it that some times when somebody spins them self and they are well out of the way..and are just waiting to get back on to let it keep going...but other times..the yellow needs to be thrown...not only for safety reasons but also for competition reasons.... like for example:   Car-A  gets spun by Car-B,  A slides into the grass... has to turn around wait for the field to pass and then start going...so now A is completely out of contention and B goes right on and say wins the race.   that is NOT right, you throw a yellow simply for the fact that....now A still has a chance to pass some cars and make up position and B is now sent to the back as well for being an invovled car.  preety much excatly what happened between Morrow & Walters in the first feature.   That's just my take on it....cause there message there sending is "were not gonna throw a yellow or BF you...so you may as well just spin somebody out that is in your way"

(Sorry for  the poor spelling and review...I usaly do a better job..I'm just to tired tonight to think)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg45856#msg45856
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:47:01 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Sunset Results June-28th
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:40:22 AM »

Offline Danka

• Series Owner
    • www.RobPooleRacing.com
Re: Sunset Results June-28th
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »
Thx for the speedy report 3-Wide, much appreciated!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg45858#msg45858

Offline Lets Race

• Pit Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »
I couldn't agree more about the yellow Danka, this involved car thing is screwing a lot of people, you let off because you don't want to get into someone that is loose or spinning and become an involved car and expect a caution to be thrown and one isn't. So three or four cars end up passing you and there you are stuck behind one of the cars in LLM that can't seem to get their car to handle and are all over the track!!! Some of them are impossible to pass because again you don't want to get into them.. One of the heats started off with the car on the outside getting the car on the pole sideways even before the start line and the green flag still flew..the heat should have been started over.. I saw the 1 car in the line up for both heats and the feature..did anyone see the 1 car there last night? What's with that?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg45876#msg45876

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »

Offline Scooter

• Series Owner
  • Just Giv-er''turn left Just Giver again''turn left
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:33:24 AM »
It's 1:16 am I worked all day...I'm tired ...but here goes nothing.

Ltd. Late Models

Feature 1:Walters

Solid race was a little messy at the start...Walters flat dumped Morrow with under 10 to go..and ofcourse no caution is thrown...and Walters easly takes the win.  Not saying it was all Walters fault..Morrow did look to get loose, just there should have been a yellow...no BF or anything on Walters but atleast a yellow so he gets sent to the back....(I'l talk more about that later)

Feature 2:Morrow

Morrow had a great fight with Pool to take over 2nd and then ultimately the lead..with Walters right on his tail..but this time Walters didn't push the issue as much and Morrow won.

also to add...
The 1st LLM heat finish was AMAZING...Walters & Morrow came off turn 4 side-by-side Morrow got wayyy lose bounced off Walters straighten himself out and won by 1/4 of a car

4-Cly

Feature 1:Brian Love

Fairly clean race....Love didn't have the fastest car..but track position definitely helped him get far out in front and stay there.

B-Feature:Took a f-in year to get the cars onto the track....only to then send like 5 of them back off.... Chance WON his heat..and they had him out there for the B...how in the world can you mess up that bad....this is where the massive confusion began, and it just got worse as the night went on

Feature 2:HOW in the f@#%# hell does it take 25-30 mins after the LLM feature to get this feature going....like wow... ::)  and to boot it started to rain a bit..and everyone (that was still left in the stands...not many) were really getting frustrated and impaction...I under stand delays happen...but this was ridiculous.

I'l let somebody eles that was involved explain what happened and why some people didn't get to run and what not....because I'm just totally confused.

anyway... Nick Brown won..by a huge bit, his car was FLYING...I wonder if he passed tech? beacuse he looked twice as fast as anyone eles...lol

4-Fun

Feature 1:#15?

Had a couple scary moments...#69 caught on fire..but he got out ok, then the #6 got turned hard into the outside wall..and with EMS rushing over and really no word for a couple of minutes....it was a scary few moments..but everything turned out to be ok.

Feature 2:moved to next week

Thunder Cars

Feature 1:Mark Adams

Entertaining race..had a few tangle ups nothing major.

Feature 2:Roy Anderson

Race was pretty messy...everyone racing 3 ride running into each other...had about 3-4 cautions, and then just after a restart everyone was soooo jammed up you just knew something was going to happen...and soon enough coming 3 wide out of 4 they ran outta room..and Doucette got the worst of it as he got turned into the outside wall hard, and then Tammy Milligan who was also involved lost a motor or something..oiled down the whole track.

and with the rain starting to fall again they just called the night

Besides the HUGE mess up in the 4cly's the night went fairly well...there was a lot of cars and a lot of good racing.

But this "no yellow" needs to go..... from a fans stand point..I like it that some times when somebody spins them self and they are well out of the way..and are just waiting to get back on to let it keep going...but other times..the yellow needs to be thrown...not only for safety reasons but also for competition reasons.... like for example:   Car-A  gets spun by Car-B,  A slides into the grass... has to turn around wait for the field to pass and then start going...so now A is completely out of contention and B goes right on and say wins the race.   that is NOT right, you throw a yellow simply for the fact that....now A still has a chance to pass some cars and make up position and B is now sent to the back as well for being an invovled car.  preety much excatly what happened between Morrow & Walters in the first feature.   That's just my take on it....cause there message there sending is "were not gonna throw a yellow or BF you...so you may as well just spin somebody out that is in your way"

(Sorry for  the poor spelling and review...I usaly do a better job..I'm just to tired tonight to think)
Just another Night at Sunset 'Trailer Park' Speedway  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg45908#msg45908

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
I couldn't agree more about the yellow Danka

I assume you ment me...I'm glad somebody agree's with me, my dad likes the way they do it with letting all the yellows go..and what not.   we aruged both our points all the way home last night... :D  LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg45911#msg45911
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline Deb

• Team Owner
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »
I think they are omitting yellow flags because fans hate the constant restarts and drivers totally abuse it.

Chris Morrow deserves a medal for what Walter's did to him in the feature, talk about sportsman he took his lick and swung back around and continued racing.  No yellow flag for him.  If that was Walters he would have stayed there and created a caution.

Just one example why the yellow isn't always necessary and how it gets abused.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg46014#msg46014

Offline Dixon#27

• Team Owner
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »
i believe there was this kind of abuse saturday. i saw a car stop in corners 1 and 2, give some fans the finger, the yellow came out and he drove away. I AM NOT 100% SURE IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL OR HE JUST COULDNT GET GOING! (just wanted to make that clear.) but the only thing i dont get the #2 TC was stopped, not completely on the track, but on the yellow lines he sat there for like 2 or 3 laps, if im not mistaken. then they finally brought out the yellow.   once again nothing against sunset, maybe im used to barrie bringing out the caution lots. feel free to correct me.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7742.msg46019#msg46019
#92 Thunder Car- BSW
Teri-Lynne Dixon

HTML ezBlock

site
stats