Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: "The Duce" Dominates Sunset!  (Read 15687 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
"The Duce" Dominates Sunset!
« on: September 07, 2008, 12:36:49 AM »
Dave Doucette rolled into Sunset on a mission..... took top qualifying spot...drew the inversion...that didn't change a thing...started on the pole and lead every lap.

1st-Doucette
2nd-St. Onag
3rd-McKenzie
4th-Walters
5th-??

30 cars showed up in the pits..including a bunch of Barrie cars..I think I counted about 10?

Was a great race...few yellows here and there nothing major competitive race..but nobody had anything for Doucette on this night.

"The polish prince" had his own fireworks for his introduction I thought that was a nice touch  :D

4cly-Won by the 78...what a close battle at the end between the 78,10,48 was amazing for the lead....was to bad lap cars kind of got in the way on the last lap.

but the real drama came mid-way threw..as Britt got into the back of  Beau Burrows and spun him around...and well Beau just lost it apparently..as he flew out the car just running down the back stretch after Britt....track officials incepted with his path..and at this point he should have STOPED...but he contiuned to fight with officals...and I understand emotions take over..but that was just being a compete idiot.....as suspension could be pending...I would think...but who knows.

4-Fun won by the 79.... 9 cars took the green..all there Heats/Features were run "before the main show"

LLM

Messy...Messy race....that's about all that can be said..it took I wanna say close to 50 mins to complete...that including the "Big One" off turn-4....that I'm blaming the Starter for...not saying it might have not hap pend..but if your not happy with the re-start...THROW THE GREEN..anyway and then throw a yellow down the back stretch or something...or throw the yellow from the get go (still a bad idea) but it's better then DOING NOTHING! and just holding the flag in your hand and not doing anything....because you have guys stopping and some not...and it just caused a wreck that involved what seemed like half the field...Walters took a wild ride as he climbed the wall ..and the car looked to take serious damage..but some how!...they got it fixed I really dunno how it looked really beat up no dout.  worst damage looked to be to the 21 as the right front of that car was demolished.

The Race continued with much of the same crazyness... everyone running into each other...it was exciting to watch...but also really annoying.....the race ened up with another big wreck on the last lap...as at least 4 cars were involved on the back stretch.

But threw all this mess.... the 11 of Chris Morrow came home with the win.

Brandon...AMAZING JOB!....you sounded like you have been doing annocing your whole life... at the start you seemed to get a bit caught up putting together full sentences LOL..but you sure settled in..and I actually at a few points forgot it was you..and thought it was Spencer....Tremendous job...I think we need to give you a mic as well..and let you and Spencer fight it out...would make the night even more entertaining.

one question though...I'm sure I heard it wrong...but did you say at one point "He's got the nose in there...but not the nuts to stick it"  ..I'm sure it wasn't that..but it sure sounded like that..and if it was the case..might be quote of the year!  LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53556#msg53556
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:21:36 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

"The Duce" Dominates Sunset!
« on: September 07, 2008, 12:36:49 AM »

Offline Jackman2007

• Team Owner
Re: "The Deuce" Dominates Sunset!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:49:39 AM »
It was fun watching the Barrie cars join the thunder cars once again . When you combine the talent of these two tracks , you just know the racing will be second to none . It just goes to show what next year could bring with Sunday racing at Sunset , talent and quite a field of cars . Thanks Barrie Drivers for showing up tonight , come back whenever you can .  In the LLM race , someone must have gave the #47 a shove to get planted that far up the wall ???? Did anyone see the begining of that crash ?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53557#msg53557
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:02:28 AM by Jackman2007 »

Offline winston

• Pit Crew
Re: "The Duce" Dominates Sunset!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:08:02 AM »
iM GLAD TO HERE BRANDON DID GREAT. Does this mean the llm will run there heats and Features after the 4 fUNS next week cause they ran like idiots??????
Congrates Chris Morrow #11 ;D ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53559#msg53559

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:08:02 AM »

Offline WadePeterson

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:16:40 AM »
I agree great job Brendan!!  and the Thunder run dow after DQ's for Tech go
1.Doucette
2.Walters
3.Tremblay
4.Slaughter Jr.
5.?????

and Chris Morrow proves it's a family thing by winning his 4th feature of the year  the 4th time his family (wife and Kids) are in attendance!!!  must be a father thing LOL  great show though for all in volved and I must admit on this night The Deuce certainly had the Juice !!!  great job extreme team!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53562#msg53562
I am the ParkinglotJesus
I am one of few people to ever see the infamous "Maharagi" yes he was real! he dropped the biggest bomb in Sunset history!

Offline Danka

• Series Owner
    • www.RobPooleRacing.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36:48 AM »

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:31 AM »
thanks again sunset speedway management, staff and drivers for waiting for us and as usual making us feel welcome. well i lost my crown and i concede victory (for now) to the king herbie. i must say it was alot of fun all week playing it up! congrats to "the deuce" on a dominating win and i'm looking forward to the next time we all meet again. i hope you are all coming to our invitational on the 21st. man does that fire extinguisher powder hurt the lungs, that and the 50 cigarettes i smoked today.LOL!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53565#msg53565
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:46:32 AM by polishprince12 »

Offline Deb

• Team Owner
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »
but the real drama came mid-way threw..as Britt got into the back of Dave Burrows and spun him around...and well Dave just lost it apparently..as he flew out the car just running down the back stretch after Britt....track officials incepted with his path..and at this point he should have STOPED...but he contiuned to fight with officals...and I understand emotions take over..but that was just being a compete idiot..that could very well cost him the championship...as a suspension could be pending...I would think...but who knows.

This bit of information you chose to share with us all is incorrect.

For the record it was Beau Burrows and it is on tape that Britt intentionally turned  into the side of him....so it won't cost his a championship, suspension maybe.  Did he handle it correctly, obviously not but tempers flare.  Anyway just wanted to correct your info!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53566#msg53566

Offline WES

• Pit Crew
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:01:37 AM »
A special thanks, to all of the Thunder drivers who came to Sunset Speedway to night, prepared to take home the Trophy, the $1000.00, and the bragging rights of being the best in all of ONTARIO.
Each and everyone of you put on one hell of a great show, and I am sure that people will talk about this night for a long time to come.
I hope each and everyone of you enjoyed the event as much as our fans and the staff did, to put it simply, (IT WAS THE BEST SHOW WE HAVE SEEN ALL SUMMER).
Next year it will be bigger and better, more cars, more money, and the trophy will read  Ontario Champion,because that is what we are going to call this race, The Ontario Thunder Car Championship Challenge.
Also a BIG thanks to Brendan who did a supper job on the mic. even though Spencer sabotaged it and put old batteries in it. You might get a call from me this week, you were good.
Also MISS SUNSET Ashley Romano, she did one great job representing Sunset and presenting the trophy's. also Happy birthday Ashley, You sure are a great addition to the staff..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53568#msg53568

Offline monette72

• Car Owner
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner

Miss Sunset knows how to neuter.
Don't mess with the new car. =)

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »
Also MISS SUNSET Ashley Romano, she did one great job representing Sunset and presenting the trophy's. also Happy birthday Ashley, You sure are a great addition to the staff..

Hahaha! Thanks Wes, but I missed that we didn't get Brendan to sing Happy Birthday hahaha!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53575#msg53575

Miss Sunset knows how to neuter.
Don't mess with the new car. =)

Offline Peanut Butter

• Car Owner
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »

4cly-Won by the 78...what a close battle at the end between the 78,10,48 was amazing for the lead....was to bad lap cars kind of got in the way on the last lap.

4 Cyl Won by the 78 Then 54, 10, 48

Great racing all night long

Nice little write up 3 wide, always on top of things

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53581#msg53581

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
My personal congrats to Dave Doucette!!! HERB WHO??? OHHHH man is this gonna result in a limerick of epic proportions from me!!! Just not right now need sleep!!! But congrats to you as well Herbie just too bad the Prince burned up all his good laps at Barrie or you were a dead duck!!!LOL Just kidding bud!! Congrats to all drivers who had good personal runs for themselves be it a top 5/ top 10 or whatever!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53582#msg53582
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline Puppydogs

• Series Owner
  • my pictures
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
So that's where all our Barrie Boys went, glad to see everyone had fun, and I see they let Junior in the gates, but just remember he now belongs to BSW, Junior, don't forget which track welcomed you back with open arms, see you next week at BSW sweetie......

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8327.msg53585#msg53585
if you kick the puppy, the puppy will bite

HTML ezBlock

site
stats