Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Delaware News and Results thread - July 2  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
Delaware News and Results thread - July 2
« on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
Heats

Truck Heat 1 - Won handily by Gary "Blue Thunder" Triska...big celebration for the Blue Thunderites in the main grandstand tonight. Congrats on the first checkers ever for Gary.

Truck Heat 2- Introduced a new driver for the 16 truck this week, namely Chad Rijnen who brought it home in the heat for the win. 2nd to 33-Fothergill, 3rd to 00-Johns.

Super Stock Heat 1 - Tonight we welcomed a newcomer to the ranks, namely the 02 of Erin Bailey. Erin is in the top 10 in Thundercar points at Flamboro and was also last week's Thundercar feature winner. She was here to test her luck on the big half mile, and when we saw her after the races she was still smiling....so hopefully she'll be back!

This heat was won by 7-Sheilds, 2nd to 77-Lake, 3rd to 04-Humphreys

Super Stock Heat 2 - 1st to 99-Nagy, 2nd to 9-DeJesus, 3rd to 60-Ott

Late Model Heat 1 - 1st lap spinaround out of turn 2 as 33-Grover and 37-Elliott get together to bring out caution. Ultimately the race is won by 78-Watson, 2nd to 20 Lindsay, 3rd to 14-Emery.

Late Model Heat 2 - 1st to 22-Ramsay, 2nd to 81-Greisel, 3rd to 52-Sheridan

Demar Aggregates Truck Feature

Triska takes the early lead while the rest of the feild has a wild and crazy first couple of laps, rounding the track 3 and in one instance 4 wide. Once it all shakes out its Triska followed by Rijnen, then the main pack of 33-Fothergill, Johns, 99-Koricina, 82-McCaw, 55-Adraeinsen and 56-Showler all running nose-tail.

Its apparent that Rijnen is faster than Blue Thunder and he makes the pass on lap 4 and begins to run, but he doesn't get far enough away from Fothergill who reels him in in short order.

By the halfway point, Fothergill is well in front followed by Rijnen and Johns. Koricina, Adreinsen Showler and McCaw are all running together to decide 4th spot. At the 16th lap, Rijnen makes an error drifting high out of 2 and Johns gets under for the pass.

In the closing laps Fothergill has it well in hand and actually appears to be taking it easy, not getting too far away from Johns, but not letting Johns get up to him either. In the end its Fothergill for the win, then Johns, 3rd to Rijnen, 4th to Koricina and 5th to Adraeinsen.

Super Stock Feature

Starts off with a big schmozzle on the backstretch when 66-Bloemendal and Dejesus get together and go around in front of most of the field, stacking everyone else up and bringing out the red to clear up. Involved are Smith, Lidster, 17-Anderton and 02-Bailey

Once they get it cleared up, 77-Lake takes an early lead followed closely by Sheilds, Ott, and 24-Richmond. Soon the top 4 are on the run and putting on a show of their own, with Shelds throwing everything he has at Lake, but no go. This continues till lap 10 when a chain-reaction bump and run happens with 11-Lidster getting into 84-Smith, who gets into 66-Bloemendal. Bloemendal goes around to bring out the caution.

Now its still Lake in front with Sheilds beating his bumper. Richmond is alongside Ott but can't quite make it work...getting out of line and dropping back slightly. 28-Lawrence and Lidster both jump into the fray. At the halfway it's Lake, Sheilds, Ott, Lawrence, Lidster and Richmond all bumper to bumper.

Ott makes to pass on Sheilds for 2nd, and Sheilds drops back. Then Lawrence makes to move on Ott to take 2nd away again, and setting up the final dash. There's one caution when Nagy loops in turn 3, and after the restart its all Lake and Lawrence. Lawrence is all over Lake, but Lake does an amazing job holding him off to take the win.
1st-Lake, 2nd-Lawrence, 3rd-Ott, 4th-Lidster, 5th-Richmond.

Hearty congrats to the Lake team, who as you might remember crunched the wall 2 races ago doing massive front end damage, and coming out last week in a borrowed car. This week they were back in their own ride, and it was apparent that it still wasn't handling like it should. But Hollywood made it work and earned a great win.

Late Model Feature

20-Lindsay makes the pass from the second row and comes up with the lead, followed by 81-Greisel and 78-Watson. The top 3 run nose tail and distance themselves from the field for the early going. Greisel looks like he may have something for Lindsay but he drops back slightly still with Watson on his bumper.

Meanwhile, hard chargers 52-Sheridan and 10-Kennedy are mired and boxed in mid-field. 14-Emery is holding a pretty solid 4th.

The battle of the race thus far is between Greisel and Watson. Watson is throwing everything he can at Greisel. Then coming down the frontchute Watson gets a good run inside going into turn 1. Greisel drifts down, they make contact and now the 81 is spinning. Caution. Now the guy with the black flag must've had an itchy trigger finger by now, because now they're waving it at Watson...for reasons unfathomable to most of us on the hill.

Watson brings it in, likely PO'd and for good reason.  

So now at the restart its Lindsay, Emery, 27-Box, Sheridan, 22-Ramsay and 10-Kennedy. Emery seems to have a little trouble and drops back while Sheridan picks his way up to 2nd. So now in the closing laps there's 2 battle going on: Sheridan throwing everything at Lindsay, and Box and Ramsay duking it out for 3rd.

With 2 to go, Sheridan makes the pass on Lindsay and Box gets the better of Ramsay.

Final 1st Sheridan, 2nd Lindsay, 3rd- Box, 4th Ramsay and 5th 72-Thompson.

Impressive win for Sheridan who seems to have Delaware by the tail this year, but what I though most impressive was the run by Mat Box tonight. Great showing for those guys too.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83953#msg83953
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:39:22 AM by Shadowracer »
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Delaware News and Results thread - July 2
« on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
Re: Delaware News and Results thread - July 2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
No Robblee? Did he get his car back together?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83957#msg83957

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:30 AM »
Robblee was conspicuously absent from the proceedings. (Matt was there in the 51) As far as I know he's never been much of a points runner, and he's back a ways after last Friday.

Maybe he's just saving it for Wed.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83959#msg83959
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:30 AM »

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
So this would mean, according to the format for the Showdown, that the 28 is not guarantied a spot. Verrry interesting.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83961#msg83961

Offline crazylady

• Team Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Cause we suck at hockey
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 09:24:15 AM »
Yes a very hearty congratulations to the Lake team. It was a well deserved win and couldn't have gone to a better team for the effort of rebuilding a very hurt car. The race was a rough one again and some top running teams sustained some damage. Again congrats to you guys the Lake's Rock Delaware.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83963#msg83963
"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
- Dale Earnhardt

Offline JWFan

• Pit Crew
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »
hahaha. They tore apart a crate motor??? lmfao I thought that was the point of having a crate?? LOL. I was not at the track Friday night I was kept up to date by someone that was. Although from what I am told it wasn't a very good night to be out there anyways.
But anyways, taking apart the crate engine?? Why would anyone want to run a crate with now knowing that just having one doesn't keep you from getting it torn down. But it is amusing to an outsider to watch them abuse Fothergill day in and day out. Then he goes back for more.
I was originally not a Fothergill fan but seeing the bs that Delaware throws at him I must say that my opinion has changed, and I know that the track must be hard on the top guys. But as a spectator I don't think it makes Delaware seem very professional.

You may not like Fothergill, but you sure do have to respect the guy.

Seeing what Delaware does to Fothergill has actually taken a truck out of that class for next year and I am going to build a car for my son at another track.
Delaware bitches that Fothergills team is making the officials look stupid... they are doing it to themselves... Case and point. sending an open crate engine home with him.
'yeah lets send the fastest truck home with a crate engine with him, that we opened up.'
that's one hell of a blank cheque.

??? ??? ??? durrrrrrrrrr ??? ??? ??? doop diddy dooooo

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83968#msg83968

Offline h20

• Race Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
Thank-you Shadow for that report.  "Yes" #78 just parked the car.  These cars take alot of  time, effort and money,  as any division.  "Thank-you "  to all of the #78 supporters and non-supporters over the years at Delaware.  We have decided to race the Kyle Busch show on wednesday,  APC 200 in September and travel,  to put the "fun" back in racing,  #78 Team.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83970#msg83970

Offline racerman

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
Nice to hear,Its about time that Mark the red bull watson moves on.He has pretty much wrecked everyone out there.I can tell ya he doesnt have a lot of respect from the other racers.Ps look out here comes red bull.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83981#msg83981

Offline raceguy

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
well, I for one hopes that Mark Watson reverses his decision and runs here back, as a regular.  He did not deserve the black flag last night.  He's not my favorite car, but he is entertaining and runs fast and keeps the 2 "big" guys in check.  I like his hard charging style and , yes, he sometimes, is at fault for nudging or spinning another car.  Name me one other top car in the LM division who hasn't done that?  I also think that Fothergill does deserve to be scrutinized.  Come on!!!! He's head & shoulders faster than any truck out there. I would be suspect the track if they didn't scrutinize the truck. i know a lot of his speed comes from coming out of the corner, but to say they shouldn't do anything,  thats unbelievable.

Everyone, lets enjoy what we have here at Delaware.  I have read some very negative comments on this board and others.  I'm not saying that the track and the drivers are perfect, not in the least,  but I sure dont see this kind of ongoing negativity from other tracks fans.  We are driving away fans and drivers.  go check out other tracks and see if the talent, the cars, or how the track is run, is any better....I know of none in this province or in the midwest.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83982#msg83982

Offline LAKER77

• Team Owner
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
From the 77 super stock team, thank-you to everyone for all their help and kind words and thoughts over the last two weeks. We could not have got it done without the help of Mike McColl and his staff. Absolutly class people. Our crew of Nate Lloyd, Mike Macraken, Kyle Kane as well as Darrell and myself put in over 120 hours getting the car back to-gether from tues afternoon till 4:45 friday afternoon. Even then we found more problems after arriving at the track. As you could see the car was far from perfect but Darrell drove his heart out for the win. Much appreciation to J.R. Fitzpatrick for the use of his car last week. Meant alot to us JR. Go get em at St Eustache this week-end. Thanks to the track staff for your patiance with us. We have always had nothing but respect for the job you guys and girls do. From my previous racing experiance on the Cascar Super Series I have been to alot of racetracks across canada and Delaware is by far the best run facility I have had the pleasure of being associated with. Lastly to all our fans. Thanks for sticking with us. To Siskinds, your help and support is always first class. And to the Lawerance family and race team, thanks for putting up with us and all the help you are to our team. We feel that we are a part of the BT Racing family.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83983#msg83983

Offline Snotrod

• Series Owner
  • The original Snotrod
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
I thought the racing last night was some of the best of the year! Trucks went caution free!!!!! Big congrats to the Lake team, we were all rooting for ya.

I already can't wait for next Friday

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83984#msg83984
Tyssen Toll - Snotrod
Follow on Twitter: @SnotrodTyssen
Facebook: SnotrodRacingHQ

Offline DB1

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Never too old for racin'
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
I thought the racing last night was some of the best of the year! Trucks went caution free!!!!! Big congrats to the Lake team, we were all rooting for ya.

I already can't wait for next Friday
Not only did the Trucks go caution free, but no one got lapped....kinda shows that the Truck Division is getting pretty close from top to bottom.
As for the 78, I really feel for him on this one....he kept making sure he didn't get the 81 out of shape and even backed off once when it did happen. this was a clean pass and 81 made a rookie mistake (he could easily had a 3rd on the night)...hope cooler heads prevail.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83986#msg83986
Never too old for racin'

Wesley_Motorsports

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »
hahaha. They tore apart a crate motor??? lmfao I thought that was the point of having a crate?? LOL. I was not at the track Friday night I was kept up to date by someone that was. Although from what I am told it wasn't a very good night to be out there anyways.
But anyways, taking apart the crate engine?? Why would anyone want to run a crate with now knowing that just having one doesn't keep you from getting it torn down. But it is amusing to an outsider to watch them abuse Fothergill day in and day out. Then he goes back for more.
I was originally not a Fothergill fan but seeing the bs that Delaware throws at him I must say that my opinion has changed, and I know that the track must be hard on the top guys. But as a spectator I don't think it makes Delaware seem very professional.

Seeing what Delaware does to Fothergill has actually taken a truck out of that class for next year and I am going to build a car for my son at another track.
Delaware bitches that Fothergills team is making the officials look stupid... they are doing it to themselves... Case and point. sending an open crate engine home with him.
'yeah lets send the fastest truck home with a crate engine with him, that we opened up.'

Assuming this post of JWFan is accurate, Track officials requesting a team to do a tear down on a crate motor is a gutsy call and IMO, a smart thing to do now and then. I'm not sure if you know anything about the history of crate motors, but of all the potential ways to cheat, by far, the most successful have been with "sealed" crate motors. Built motors found cheating are in fact are a fraction of what teams are doing with crate motors. In the U.S. where it's been posted elsewhere on CRO, the Crate program, specifically the sealed crate program was the initial savior of LLM / LM racing because it did contain costs - for all of one year. The next year and ever since, the crate program, specifically factory sealed crate motors have been controversial ever since. Just last year several well known champions in Florida were found to have cheater crate motors. Do a google search yourself, on crate motor cheating. The stories are endless.

So long as Delaware pays for cleaning, and resealing the motor - especially if its found to be legal, there should be no issue. If it is found to be illegal, then it should be front page news pretty quick. Say what you will, there's ALWAYS going to be controversy with the GM, Ford and Mopar Crate motors. I dare say OSCAAR's new spec motor will also be in the limelight raising suspicion. Later on this year, I would not be surprised if teams that are running in the Canadian Tire series with the new GM spec motor are given a few tear downs too - especially if the have the kind of run Fothergill has had.

What I find exciting, is if the motor is deemed legal; it should do mind tricks on competitors since that means the team (Fothergill) has found the fast way around the track and the competitors haven't and have to dig deep learning setup and things to try with their chassis, push harder into the corners, all the while managing tire costs. If the competition does its homework, the competition will 'naturally' get faster and better.

If the motor is illegal, like Florida, it will probably send ricochets of resentment everywhere. Isn't racing fun ? :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83990#msg83990

Offline smithbarney

• Series Owner
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »

And the problem with checking a crate motor is?

Did they find anything?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11684.msg83991#msg83991

HTML ezBlock

site
stats