Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: 2008 SEASON COMES TO AN END FOR RYAN LITT THIS WEEKEND AT DELAWARE AND BERLIN  (Read 1201 times)

Offline TommySalami

• Series Owner
    • www.TheRaceChasers.com
2008 SEASON COMES TO AN END FOR RYAN LITT THIS WEEKEND AT DELAWARE AND BERLIN

by Tommy Goudge (September 24, 2008) -
Ryan Litt hopes to finish the 2008 season off on a high note this weekend with another race at home at the Delaware Speedway on Friday night, September 26, and then on to his "home away from home" Berlin Raceway on Saturday night, September 27. 

The Delaware event will see Ryan make his first start in a Supermodified this season as the International SuperModified Association (ISMA) visits the 1/2 mile speedway located less than 40 miles from Ryan's hometown of Lyons, Ontario, driving Dave Lair's #07 for the 3rd year in succession.  Saturday night at Berlin, located just West of Grand Rapids, Michigan, will see Ryan doing double duty, competing with ISMA for a second night in a row in the "Lairjet", as well as his regular gig aboard the #07 BS&B Radiator/OTC Tools Claxton powered Beast sprint car in the final Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints (AVSS) event of the season.

Rainouts and cancellations have hampered Ryan and the other AVSS competitors this season, but the breaks in the schedule have not stopped Ryan from putting together a streak of podium finishes dating back to August 2nd at Dixie Motor Speedway, where he scored his 2nd feature win of the season.  In his most recent outing at Berlin on Labour Day weekend, Ryan came home with a 3rd place finish, and followed that up the next week back at Dixie with a 2nd place finish.  Ryan's late season surge has propelled him to 2nd in the AVSS standings, 50 points back of leader Jason Blonde with 1 race left on the schedule.  While still a mathematical possibility, Ryan's goal is not to win the championship, but rather finish his season on a high note with another good finish, and hopefully take home a 2nd place finish in the AVSS points standings, which would be his best points finish since moving into the sprint car division.  Heading into Berlin, Ryan has just a scant 9 point advantage for 2nd in the points standings over Jeff Bloom, whom Ryan battled hard with for the feature win at Dixie on September 6th before settling for 2nd.

Ryan also heads into Delaware with confidence, as he drove the Lairjet to a 2nd place finish in last year's ISMA event at his home track for his best ever finish in a Supermodified, a result which was not totally unexpected considering Ryan's past successes at Delaware in an open wheel race car, which include an AVSS feature win.  Delaware might also owe Ryan a favour after he suffered mechanical issues while leading late in the AVSS feature at Delaware in June.  Unfortunately the engine in the "Lairjet" was not up to the challenge the next night at Berlin last year, forcing Ryan to concentrate on his sprint car ride that evening, so Ryan will be looking to run his first laps in a Supermodified under racing conditions at Berlin this Saturday.

NOTES 'n QUOTES:

PILOTING THE "LAIRJET":
"I'm looking forward to getting back into the Supermodified," said Ryan this week. "It's going to take me a few laps to adjust to the car because I haven't had any laps in (a super) this year.  Hopefully we can go out and have a fun night at Delaware, and who knows maybe even repeat with a podium finish. It's an older car, but it's a lot of fun to drive, and it's nice because there is no pressure - I just basically go out and have some fun with the ISMA guys. I grew up watching supers so it's really neat to be able to say I drive them now. I have to thank Dave Lair for giving me the opportunity, it's awesome."

BERLIN BATTLE:
"Berlin is a different story; the points are tight, so I'm going there with guns blazing.  I would love nothing better than to cap this year off with a win at Berlin. We always run pretty good there...It's just a weird little place because your car is either right on, or way off, and either way, it's super hard on tires.

DOUBLE DUTY:
"It should be a lot of fun doing double duty - it kind of keeps you focused all day long on the race cars, and you don't have much time for your concentration to wander."

TRIPLEHEADER SATURDAY:
"I think this is one of the best shows around: Where else can you see Auto Value Super Sprints, ISMA Supermodifeds, and USAC Midgets all at one show?! This is a must see event."

MEET AND GREET:
Ryan and his race car will be making a special appearance during Battery Supply's customer appreciation event on Thursday night, September 25.  Come out and meet Ryan, see the car, get an autograph, and much more!  Battery Supply is located at 523 South Street in London, Ontario.

WHAT:
ISMA Supermodified series Rounds # 10 & 11, and AVSS Sprint Car series Round #15
www.ISMASupers.com
www.SuperSprints.com

WHERE:
Delaware Speedway
1640 Gideon Drive
Delaware, ON N0L 1E0
www.DelawareSpeedway.com
Track Phone: (519) 652-5068

Berlin Raceway
2060 Berlin Fair Drive
Marne, MI 49435
Phone: 616-677-5000
e-mail: mstrevel@berlinraceway.com
On the Web: www.berlinraceway.com

WHEN:
Delaware Speedway
Friday, September 26, 2008
ISMA Pit Gates open @ 2:00p.m., Spectator Gates open @ 6:00p.m., and racing gets underway at 8:00p.m.

Berlin Raceway "Open Wheel Extravaganza" featuring the ISMA Supermodifieds, AVSS Sprint Cars, and USAC/UMARA/WOMS Midgets.
Spectator and Pit Gates open @ 12:00p.m., Time Trials @ 4:30p.m., Racing @ 7:00p.m.

Ryan and the team would like to thank all their sponsors for their continued support during Ryan's and the #07 Beast/Claxton Sprinter's 2008 season, including OTC Tools, BS&B Radiator, Linton Media, Linde Gases, Leaf Racewear, Xtreme Metal Worx, and Huron Produce Ltd.  For more information on Ryan, the car, and the team, including schedules, news releases, photos, NEW merchandise, and contact information, please visit Ryan's official website powered by Linton Media at www.RyanLitt.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8675.msg56847#msg56847

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats