Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Outlaws June 17 race  (Read 1422 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Outlaws June 17 race
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »
Tillsonburg Outlaws
June 17 race

The weatherman had us nervous this week with tornado watches, thunderstorms and hail predicted, but in the end, things calmed down in time for a great night of racing.

That doesn't mean there were not any gremlins running around. The just announced Limerock USA special event for this weekend is not going to happen until further notice. I got a call from Tim Ferrrell this morning saying things had changed somewhat and they were going to delay the event.

That's not all bad because the Tillsonburg club already had the Tuesday race plus the Friday Wonderland race in London plus any members who do double duty at Ohsweken on Thursday. That a lot of track time for even the race crazed.

Also this week we had a computer cliché wipe out the lap times and scoring but luckily we already had the results printed out on paper and were able to recapture the scores.  You will not be able to find your individual lap times for this weeks race though.

This week Aubry Smith and Logan Lapierre ran in with the Big kids but were scored with the Lubricare Center Beginners. It was Aubry who edged out Logan this week but both are starting to look pretty good in with the faster group.

It was another dynamic dual this week that was completed in the Smale Powder Coat Juniors but this time it was not a pair of brothers. Sister Paige Smith won the overall in the Juniors this week. That is a pretty big deal and it was her first week with the full sized Junior restrictor. Better look out boys, Paige is in town. The top three were very close with Nick Sheridan in 2nd and Kyle McGlone taking 3rd. The season points chase tightened up and the top three including Tom Pellizzari could be switching places before this is done. I don't really remember going on the track more than once in the three races these kids ran which means a night of almost caution free action. Good racing kids.

The John Costello Seniors came off a rough and tumble week to an almost squeaky clean night this week. That said, there was a bit less contact throughout the night along with a lot less passing. Without harassment from behind, these drivers don't mess up very often. I am sure the team owners liked it though since there will not be much to repair before Fridays race at Wonderland in London. When the final scores were tabulated, Cameron Davidson was 1st, Scott Hall 2nd and Jacob Sheridan and Colby Bennett were tied in 3rd.

The Seniors and Juniors will be running together but scored separately in London and with 16 karts on the track, I am sure there will be action everywhere. It makes for a fun night out under the starts and with the first day of summer being so close, we will have lots of daylight before the lights even have to come on.

The Experts this week put on a really good show with fewer cautions and a quicker completed race. Holly Porter won the Time Attack, Hannah Ferrell won the Sprint and Scott Chesterman took the main. Added all up, Hannah Ferrell was this weeks winner followed by myself and Holly Porter  tied for 2nd and Scott Chesterman in 3rd. This group has 4 drivers that could still take the Championship without too much good or bad luck being needed. Porter, Chesterman, Ferrell and Coburn are close enough to strike.

Mark Chesterman has been gathering footage with a go pro to make us a cool video. He slipped us this teaser with a bit of action from the Porter Expert kart. I can't wait to see the full length cut.

That's all for this week.

Juniors and Seniors race in London on Friday June 20th before returning to Tillsonburg June 23rd.

Dave Chesterman.
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
Tillsonburg Outlaw Kart Club
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19474.msg111342#msg111342
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Tillsonburg Outlaws June 17 race
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats