Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NASCAR- TIK TOK TIK TOK  (Read 5106 times)

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
NASCAR- TIK TOK TIK TOK
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
Whats news in Nascar Land, is slowly making its way North.

First off- Petty Enterprizes will close its operations unless they can be joined with another Team due to the Dodge fall out.
Petty's Representatives said that unless a proper joint venture can be formed, they will no longer contend as a Nascar Operation in any capacity what so ever.

Evernham has signed with Toyota, but only as a paying Team and will receive no development help what so ever over and beyond what other Toyota 'paying' teams receive.

Ford has announced it is looking to drop 40% of their interest, both Capital and R&D with its Nascar Teams. At the same time they have also said they are increasing their involvement with the Sports Car scene and Open Wheel Racing series.
At what level- no one knows at this point.

NASCAR Canadian Tire Series News- Richard Couglin is no longer affiliated with the NCTS as his position has been terminated. Couglin will now take a job with Nascar Canada which is totally separate from the actual Racing Series.
Other news in the series is the announcement of the NASCAR Crate motor which was tested last weekend by Kerry Micks and proved to be successful.
The new engine supplied by NASCAR will cost around $28,000.00 and must be equipped with a NASCAR Spec. Carb for an additional $1600.00.
In short the new engine program for the Canadian Tire Series will run the racers around $30,000.00.
The biggest problem is this engine will be allowed with a weight advantage making it more dominate.      Why is that a problem??
Who is going to buy the engines that are currently owned by these teams ??
Expectations of loosing more teams is inevitable as this series is already struggling with poor car counts and terrible payouts.
What Nascar needs is someone else besides Canadian Tire to step up to increase the purses as it is obvious that Nascar cannot run the series on the Million Dollars a year it is getting now from Canadian Tire.    It's either do that or stop stealing so much money !!

The long awaited C.O.T. car for the Nationwide Series is on full speed ahead as Nascar feels the need to replace the current car is a must, more-so when manufactures like Dodge are jumping ship it becomes a sign of the times.
Nascar feels the C.O.T.Nationwide car will help out any new teams looking to come into the series due to the fact that they only need to purchase one car.
The problem with that theory is it is a flat out lie....
This is the same thing they told the Cup Teams when they announced the C.O.T. car for Cup, but it is obvious that each shop in Charlotte houses at least 6 cars per Driver.
The biggest problem with the C.O.T. Nationwide car is obvious.
By the time the current Teams restock their shops with new C.O.T. cars, they will all be broke.       Again, A Nationwide Car that is worth $65,000.00 today will fall under the same deal as the Cup Cars did when the mandated C.O.T. car was brought in.
The Nationwide cars will be worth nothing and more Teams will go bankrupt just by the announcement.

Here we go again.....
Hey Nascar- Take all the money you want..but leave the cars alone...you idiots !!!!

You can say you heard it first here on CRO......       

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61314#msg61314

CanadianRacingOnline.com

NASCAR- TIK TOK TIK TOK
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

Offline ladybugprincess88

• Series Owner
  • ~Sunset Informative Webmaster~
    • Sunset Informative
Re: NASCAR- TIK TOK TIK TOK
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
Thx for the news update and your own opinion on it. And to be honest, you're really on to some stuff there :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61315#msg61315
**48** MOJO CREW **48**

http://sunsetinformative.webs.com

Offline NSCR-Medic

• Pit Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »
Whats news in Nascar Land, is slowly making its way North.

"
Other news in the series is the announcement of the NASCAR Crate motor which was tested last weekend by Kerry Micks and proved to be successful.
The new engine supplied by NASCAR will cost around $28,000.00 and must be equipped with a NASCAR Spec. Carb for an additional $1600.00.
In short the new engine program for the Canadian Tire Series will run the racers around $30,000.00.
The biggest problem is this engine will be allowed with a weight advantage making it more dominate.      Why is that a problem??"

First off, this is a "Spec Engine" not a "Crate" that was designed by Carl Wegoner for the Camping World and Modified Series....It is not NASCAR's engine.

The cost of the engine is $22,000 CDN in pieces and $24,000 assembled including carburetor, spacer, bell housing and clutch assembly.

It has not been approved yet for competition and word has it, will not be mandated, but a cost effective alternative for teams as their are still many built engines sitting in race shops.

The engine does weigh less as it is aluminum block etc. and teams that use it will have to add weight to offset.

Hearing that Kerry was very happy with it and posted quick lap times immediatly even in the cold weather.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61319#msg61319

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »

Offline racenut

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »
Where do you get your info from BAR? Do you have connections? While I have no access to privy insider information, I do follow the NASCAR scene very closely.

... Petty Enterprises to close? While a merger has not taken place, I've heard no rumoured quotes to support this.

...Evernham to Toyota? Again, news to me. Gillette? Possibly.

... Nationwide COT full speed ahead? This program has been pushed back until at least 2010. And rumoured to be delayed even longer due to the more limited resources of the race teams in this series.
...only have to purchase one car? Where did you hear this? Less cars in the fleet maybe for the larger teams. One car? Maybe for a small team planning a bare bones operation with plans for a race attempt or two. This scenario is no different than in the Cup Series. And no different than it was before the COT as far as the small teams are concerned.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but sometimes your posts come across as " The Gospel According To BAR". And in a few cases (an example fails me at this moment) I have found some of your statements lacking in accuracy.
 While I don't consider myself a Nascar expert by any stretch of the imagination, like I said, I follow it very closely and enjoy the news/rumours of the sport.
 Some of your statements may turn out to be true. Then I'm impressed with your insight and Kudos to you. And thanks for the info. Until then. We'll have to wait and see.
 Or maybe I'm just taking your posts out of context???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61328#msg61328

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »
Racenut...I have several friends in the South that work in Cup Shops, Nationwide Shops and Truck Shops. I also have friends that work for NASCAR....that's right NASCAR.
I also get my info straight from the horses mouth, unlike most on here that get it as here say or from other sites. 
If you lived in Charlotte, everthing I told you is old news, but new news up here.
I hate when everyone sugar cotes what NASCAR does because if any of you ever knew the truth of what goes on down south- you wouldn't even watch a Nascar race.
I don't know of a single Team that thinks NASCAR is God.
It may sound that way when they are interviewed, but believe me, you either say that junk or never make it through tech lane.

As for the Nationwide C.O.T. announcement, yes your right, that is what they said..3 months ago.
There is no more Dodge Teams, only 40% of the Ford Teams will be funded by Ford, and Chevrolet is banking 100% with Stewart and RCR.  Does everyone think that Toyota is going to pick up the tab.   Nascar needs new teams and the only way they are going to get it is introduce a car that can run SuperSpeedways, Short Tracks and Road Circuts.   They couldn't care a rats ash about the one off teams of the Nationwide Series. There were a ton of one off teams when they found those guys and they will do it again.

As for NSCRmedic's take on the engine deal.... Let me tell you this much.
I know who NSCRmedic is, and he needs to do ex-rays on Nascar 's Brains...that's if he can find one. Nascar has even brain washed him, just like they have done with so many others.   

Do you think the NASCAR Built motor is really being brought in to save racers money ??? 
I know Wagoner and he told me a year ago the cost to build that motor is $9600.00.  Nascar is going to charge $24,000.00 dollars, PLUS GST AND PST which comes in around $27,500 plus Freight and Border cost fee's.   
Okay total its about $29,300.00.... call me a liar !!

If you want lye's NSCR Medic, you were at the first ever NASCAR Canada meeting.
You know the one where Richard Buck tells everyone...
- NO RULE CHANGES- BIGGER PURSES BY 60%- WERE GOING TO FILL YOUR CARS UP WITH SPONSORS- 
If you want to here B.S. like that.... Try listening a little harder at the next meeting. 
And by the way, the new 'get your butt ready' NASCAR Built Motor is already in competition and will be approved for 2009, because they have to. 
They have already announced it and they know if they don't bring it in now they will have an even smaller car count for this year.    Think about it....
Everyone knows Kerry Micks is out of motors as he borrowed a car to finish the season off. Do you really expect the guy to go out and spend $30,000.00 on a motor that he knows will be no good for 2010.......Wake up Man !   and that's just one teams position.

Your a good guy and we do know each other, but Nascar has really brain washed you with all there lye's and bull.    I for one am sick of what they do to racing in this day and age.  Give us back Old Bill and a Team of Men that understood the sport, appreciated the Drivers, and personally greeted the fans with open arms.

Man I wished I worked for Nascar.
The first thing I would do is take out all the trash... give me a couple of years to do it because there is a ton of garbage to get rid of.

Do you want to fix racing folks.   Shut the dam TV off and stop watching the Nascar crap and get yourself and your family's into the Mini Van, and go on out and support your Local Racers running on Local Tracks paid for by Local Sponsors.  Canada has some great racing right here at home and if you want to save Canadian Racing, you better think about taking in some Saturday night shows right here at home.  

Do you know what Nascar told the Nationwide Teams last year about going to Montreal?
"Gentlemen, Canada is a great market place for Nascar and there is so much untapped money up there we feel this is a perfect time for all of us to take advantage of our neighbours North of the Border, that is why we are running a series up there"
I love the Red, White, and Blue people..
but the Red, Pink, Purple, Green and Blue folks really tick me off.          

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61330#msg61330
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:59:53 PM by B.A.R. »

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »
I'm glad to see some things have never changed there B.A.R.  you keep claiming all these news blasts to be true and yet you involve yourself in the series that you constently bash the crap out of.  If you don't like the series leave it for those that want to be part of it.  Maybe if the negativity dropped you might actually see some positive things come from the series.  No worry I won't bother going on and dragging this out for you cause you'll just blast me cause you know everything and we know nothing.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61331#msg61331

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »
DW, I'm not going to bash you, heck everyone has an opinion.
And I love the guys we race with, their all great racers and work hard week in and week out. We have some of the very best Drivers and Fans in all of Canada.
I just wish NASCAR would give us what is deserving of us and if you cant agree with that that maybe your the one not supporting the series.

The word ' Series' to me means 20 some odd years of racing with the same guys, and believe me, we have had our highs when this deal was Cascar.
Everyone thought NASCAR would make it better, including Tony, but man was he wrong, and worse yet, man were we all wrong.

There are allot of people out there that make us all good racers, and its a shame that there is another group that threatens to tear it apart.
Take that for what its worth, but don't ever think I don't like racing against some of my best friends. I am always raising hell to try and better the deal, which most times falls on closed ears.  Sorry if I offended you.   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61337#msg61337

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
You're right again B.A.R. attending Kawartha speedway every week this year (including the rain nights when they didn't get the word out early enough), attending 6 NASCAR Canada Events, Nationwide and Sprint Cup race at Michigan ( to mainly support our other Canadian Drivers Carpentier and Kennington) just shows how poor of a supporter I am of racing in Canada.  And the fact that I normally try and shop at locations that are sponsors on cars means I just don't care as much as you.

Too blame NASCAR for not following through for giving you and your team "what it deserves" could also be said for the previous owners of the series under the CASCAR banner cause if you teams didn't put the cars in the fields back then and now we the fans wouldn't have a series to go watch.  And that would mean that the tracks and the owners of the series would have nothing to make a profit from. Correct?

Everyone needs to work together and not against each other to make this work.  Fans have to start showing up to tracks to support the series, and sponsors need to step up and put their support behind the teams in the series so that the teams can put on the show that they do for us fans.  That way the sponsors get increased exposure because we the fans see their names and products at the track during the racing events.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61339#msg61339

Offline AutoAssembler

• Series Owner
    • http://www.rpeer.com
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:07:21 PM »
The biggest problem is this engine will be allowed with a weight advantage making it more dominate.      Why is that a problem??
Who is going to buy the engines that are currently owned by these teams ??

Well I have to agree somewhat on what BAR says about the new engine, if it is a go for 2009, (I haven't heard that it is yet), the teams will have to switch over to remain competitive, and their old engines, some teams have 7-8 of them, which adds up to a lot of money invested, will be obsolete and they'll have to almost give them away! Even if NASCAR does give the old engine/chassis combos some sort of weight advantage, I'm hearing, they'll still have problems keeping ahead of the curve, as the new lighter aluminum engine, will give the cars a lower center of gravity, more balance from front to back, the guys will be able to distribute the weight penalty where it's actually needed, from what I'm lead to believe,  so not only does the new car have more horsepower, but is a different beast when it comes to handling as well. So it has the advantage in 2 areas, not just the extra horsepower.

I think eventually NASCAR needs to switch, to bring our cars up to spec with the Camping World East & West Series, which one day will benefit all 3 series, but right now, in these economic times, maybe they should consider putting it on hold for a year or two? At any rate, guess its between the owners and NASCAR.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61341#msg61341
Randy

-----------------------------------------
2008: DIS, NSS, Cayuga, Ste. Eustache, Barrie, Mosport, Kawartha, Sun Valley, Edmonton, Trois Rivieres, Circuit Villeneuve, Riverside.

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 07:35:53 AM »
first the engine then maybe the car itself?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61344#msg61344
same as the old boss

Offline AutoAssembler

• Series Owner
    • http://www.rpeer.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 08:54:23 AM »
first the engine then maybe the car itself?

I think long term you might be right, longstreet?

If that is the case, they'll be lots of engines & chassis for the O.S.S. to pickup.

And on the flip side, if Nationwide goes to a COT, they'll be lots of those chassis' for ARCA/CWE/CWW/NCATS to fight over.

Right now, I don't think the teams can afford even the engine change, but who knows down the road???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61351#msg61351
Randy

-----------------------------------------
2008: DIS, NSS, Cayuga, Ste. Eustache, Barrie, Mosport, Kawartha, Sun Valley, Edmonton, Trois Rivieres, Circuit Villeneuve, Riverside.

Offline BENCHRACER

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 12:27:15 PM »
EVERNHAM is selling the 20% he has left in GEM , is building a new shop of his own and is going to be HOBBY racing.

He has the TV gig and by the looks / sounds of things has lost interst in being part of ANY NASCAR team.

ARCA uses the cup chassis not the NATIONWIDE thats where the cup teams unloaded a lot of their PRE COT stuff

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61368#msg61368
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:28:52 PM by BENCHRACER »

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 12:30:10 PM »
yea, the ARCA and East and West stuff is 110" Nationwide stuff is 105" i think.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61369#msg61369

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »
There are talks right now going on from one of NASCAR's biggest and longest supporters, who also owns tracks and is a major player on the Nascar Committee board, that is leaving Nascar to start a new series.      Nascar is doing everything they can to stop it, and that is the only thing slowing it down at this point in time.      They have no intentions of racing at the level of the Cup Series, because as they said- it breaks Race Teams....
They said building the series to compete head to head with the Nationwide and Truck Series is very doable, and they also said they will make it cost effective for everyone involved.    Its a new home for Champions like Ray Evernham and Drivers like Rusty Wallace Racing for example.   
Again, I will not say who, or how many, or what Teams are jumping ship.

I will tell you it will be huge news, a huge series that will compete in the USA with 4 stops in Canada and will kick allot of Nascar butt, at the same time they start the new series, they will also be dropping their tracks for Nascar Racing all together, in exchange to fund a Live TV Coverage Package for the new series.

When you here about this, and who is involved, and what Teams and Drivers are jumping in, you will be delighted over the format, the races, and the cost to race and watch races.     It's been titled Stock Car Racing 101 and that should give you an idea of what
is about to happen.  I am going to the meetings scheduled for the first of the year, and if everything looks like it sounds...we just might have a new fix for Stock Car Racing.   

Again- don't ask who or when, but I will tell you that the folks putting this thing together are very smart people and they are stating that the new series will be up and running by 2010 at 100%, although they will start in 2009 racing full time with their Sportsman Series.

If you are a Race Fan, you will remember the same thing happened to Cart when they got to big for their britches. Enough people got sick and tired of their BS that they went to Tony George and helped him develop a new series, now known as the Indy Racing League.
We all know who won that battle as they IRL dominated ticket sales, better venues, more affordable racing for teams, a great TV package, and an ever growing support base of sponsorships for Team's and the series.  Where CART is right now, better have room for the likes of NASCAR !!

If you think that's all BS...tell you what..call me an ahole all you want after the fact !!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61402#msg61402
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:02:28 PM by B.A.R. »

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
sounds  like  a whole lot of feathers  to me.   ISA  actually comes to mind.   B.A.R.  or  (anthony from  flamboro)  your predictions have been grousely wrong before,  but hey  i will give you the benefit of the doubt.   if you or anyone else thinks  that  NOW   is the right time to start a new series,  you are crazy.   it costs  an  astronomical amount of dollars to get a new series off the ground,  and not to mention a live tv package....the numbers are in the millions to land that,  and you can garuntee  none of the big networks  will be giving anything away in the next few years.   the world is in a media driven tizy (the sky is falling)    this is not Nascars fault,  but some people on here  are going to hang them from the cross  if  18 cars  show up to cayuga  in may.   nascar is scrambling yes,  but arent all busineses scrambling?? 
     Here is my analogy of  what nascar  has done as opposed to what cascar did.   when the  eastern boys used to come to vernon as cascar  they where always  5 or 6 tenths faster than the guys that run sunvalley week after week,  with the same rules....hmmmmmmmm,  kevin dowler, jim white, wade lee, getting beat (that bad) by the same rule book  at there home track,  what do you think was happening.   SOOO   now  that nascar comes to town,  we are only 2 and 3 tenths  off,  what changed....TECH,  it weeded out the f%^^$$in cheaters that came out here and waxed everyone.  And if you where in cascar for long you know exactly who i am talkin about. my team can knock off maybe a couple tenths at the track i have done a million laps on but the top dogs came back to us a few tenths, do you think they got worse as teams??? No they just have to stay honest beacuse the know tech is strict. SOOOO  fairness is the only reason my team runs in the nascar series,  i believe now that my team could be a contender in the next couple years,  before.....no way!!!   
Now for all those people,  who have  no idea what it takes to operate a nascar race team in any division,   NOT ONE OF US DOES IT FOR THE PURSE, get that driven in people,  we dont do it for the money(except morgan shepard and johnny davisLOL), sponsors  are supposed to cover budgets....not purses.  Now  the economy  is going to direct how things go ....not Nascar,  so dont hang them when shit goes down, its going to go down in all walks of life.  lets stand together and be POSITIVE,  if not the media  dogs  are going to take this recession to the next level by freakin people out,  big time.
As a business man  i have started to brace for this in alot of different ways,  my family businesses are preapring to not make much profit or have cash flow in the next 6 to 12 months,  so our focus has changed.  Pay the bills,  keep your key people employed and weather the storm , and dont expect to make much of a profit if at all.  keep the ship afloat  so to speak.  Nascar  can do this as well, just a few suggestions:
1.  lower the cost of a race to the promoters so in turn the promoters can lower the price to the fans , again tighten up your profit margin to get out alive. people  arent going to stop going to movies and races on saturday nite,  they may not take the family to hawaii  for two weeks though.
2.  dont even think of adding to the schedule,  if anything decrease the schedule for now,  take the tracks that have two races  and  only give them one.  explain to them this is only temporary until the economy gets kicked back up.
3. lower  tire allotments,  8 tires per weekend and thats it,  good year may not like it....but we all have to take this hit together, its not forever
4.  tell gp3r ,  dont ask, tell them   that we roll haulers in on saturday morning  practice and qualify on saturday  and race sunday.  if they say we wont be the lead show...so be it,  we need to cut costs,  and if they want the best and closest racing in canada  that is just how it is.
5.  As team owners ,feed your guys and gals  at A&W,  its a very cost effective way to reduce your food and beverage costs.....have you had  a full bacon and eggs  breaky there.....its   awesome!!!!!LMAO

Anyway folks,  prepare and accept it now  and it will be easier in the long run.  Dont make yard sale Changes and jump ship because the grass is greener on the other side....its not...the grass is on fire everywhere, so find some water and put out your share.  Then when things bounce back,  we can all say we helped the cause.
  thats my opinion,  sorry  its scattered a bit but i was feeding my 10 week old  and tryying to type at the same time,  i think he just oiled the track!!!!  oh well, i got lots of floor dry!!    stay positive people  #21  jason white  2008 rookie of the year.     check out this story on wheels.ca  this mornin.  http://www.wheels.ca/newsFeatures/article/469953

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8974.msg61404#msg61404

HTML ezBlock

site
stats