Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Mike Beyore Finds His Racing Future by Turning a Page from the Past  (Read 681 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Mike Beyore Finds His Racing Future by Turning a Page from the Past

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Most people are familiar with the saying ‘everything old is new again’. While some of the technology may be new, strapping into a DIRTcar racing machine isn’t something Michel ‘Mike’ Beyore hasn’t done before.

Beyore stepped away from his OSCAAR Super Late Model Ride after a hard crash Saturday, August 1st at Peterborough Speedway. The Whitby, Ontario racer’s machine was too heavily damaged to be repaired and while he briefly considered hanging-up the helmet, a conversation with an old friend steered him in the direction toward a new opportunity.

“I had already started to think about putting racing on the back burner and spending the rest of the summer and fall riding my motorcycle when I ran into Chuck Marsh,” confessed the 55-year-old, second generation speedster. “We talked about a number of different things and then I asked about the Bicknell chassis DIRTcar Sportsman-Modified he owns. He told me it was just sitting in the garage at his shop in Peterborough and things just escalated from there.”

Mike Beyore and his brother Max are no strangers to dirt track racing. The pair grew-up around the venues of Southeastern Ontario, watching their father Max Beyore Sr. race at speedways in Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall. It didn’t take much persuading to get the popular driver back behind the wheel and after moving the car from Marsh’s headquarters in the Liftlock City to Beyore’s garage in the Durham region, the newly ordained combination hit the road and made a number of late-season starts at Humberstone Speedway, before heading to the Applefest Shootout at Brighton and most recently, Brockville Ontario Speedway’s Northeast Fall Nationals Saturday, October 17th.

“As much as I had looked forward to running there, we didn’t set the world on fire at ‘The BOS’, but I didn’t expect that we would,” admitted Beyore, who goes by the racing nickname ‘The Whitby Warrior’. “I won a feature event the last time I raced at Brockville, but that was about 30 years ago. With some of the best in the business running at that event and some limited set-up information to find the handle on a heavy track, we struggled to get enough speed in the car and missed the show. That’s okay. It was still a fun day and met some great people. First and foremost, racing has always been about having fun.”

During the off-season, Beyore and Marsh will get to work at putting together a marketing plan to secure sponsorship for the #54 team to compliment current backers Metals Plus, Millennium Crane and Stemac Machinery & Industrial Tools, with promotional and media services by Clarke Motorsports Communications. From there, they’ll plan a tentative schedule for the 2016 DIRTcar season.

Max Beyore has recently confirmed plans that will see him return to the OSCAAR Modified tour next year and build on a successful 2014 campaign that saw him finish 2nd in series points and claim the Rookie of the Year Award.

Follow Michel ‘Mike’ Beyore throughout the off-season and when the 2016 green flag waves on Twitter via @54buck and at www.beyoreracing.ca.

Michel ‘Mike’ Beyore turns a lap in the #54 Sportsman Modified during the DIRTcar Northeast Fall Nationals – Saturday, October 17th – at Brockville Ontario Speedway.

Prepared by: Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                      clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com, www.facebook.com/clarkemotorsports

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22112.msg114642#msg114642
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats