Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Petty-GEM Merger  (Read 8802 times)

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
Re: Petty-GEM Merger
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »
My take would be that the King would not want to play the start and park game.

What do you call starting Kyle then? ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63104#msg63104
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
My take would be that the King would not want to play the start and park game.

What do you call starting Kyle then? ;)

Family Business  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63105#msg63105

Offline ladybugprincess88

• Series Owner
  • ~Sunset Informative Webmaster~
    • Sunset Informative
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
And thats probably when Petty went for their merger attempt and now their 2nd, Kyle was told to stick it ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63108#msg63108
**48** MOJO CREW **48**

http://sunsetinformative.webs.com

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Apparently Kyle is going to drive for Morgan Shepard  ???
I tried to find the link but can't remember where I saw this. He will drive a part time schedule after the 500.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63115#msg63115

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
I tried to find the link but can't remember where I saw this. He will drive a part time schedule after the 500.

What Morgan can't do a poor enough job of driving himself? He has to get Kyle to take it to the next level? LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63116#msg63116
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
Okay...I wish I had a better memory because I would love to stick it in the faces of those that doubted my information over a month ago that Petty was done, along with Evernham and so on and it is driving me nuts trying to remember everyones names, but for the record....it sure feels sweet !!

Petty is closing it's doors for good as everyone got there walking papers today.

The number 43 was hoped to be retired as it should be, but the number was sold to the new investors that are taking over GEM, and to me is a huge mistake by Nascar to allow this to happen, although Petty's did get a good chunk of change for the sale of the number.
The 43 car will be driven by Casey Kane or Mears....still awaiting sponsorship approvals on both names.

I wonder how much the 3 number would be worth to RCR...or anyone looking to buy it ???

Evernham still wants to be around Nascar, for what reason know one really knows, but sorces tell me he has a huge debt to pay and needs a high paying posistion to keep going.

Now for some new news....
The recent legal battles of Nascar's wrong doing which awarded a Colored Lady a mind blowing settlement of over $200 million now has turned up enough grass to see the dirt from beneith its ground.

Several Equal Oppertunity Corperations that sponsor cars in the Nascar elite top 3 series are very unhappy with the turn of events and could cause a pullout bigger then ever seen before in Auto Racing Marketing.
Names like Dupont, Lowes, Home Depot, UPS, Fedex, M&M's to name a few are seeking legal advice on their affilations with a Sports Company(Nascar) that uses their names in a huge media relationship.
Stating that Nascar knew of a discrimanation and sexest problems with in their own company and the fact that they did nothing about it goes against the pure nature of these companies business ethic's, and policy's.

Legal powers representing over 50% of the Nascar Teams that display their logo's on the sides of the race cars are looking to the Teams for compensation for future race related issues that will obviousally come to play after the most rescent settlement.

In short, for example take a giant like DuPont that employee's any race, is now threatend by a legal obligation to their very own employee's to which they think need compensation for due to what Nascar did by allowing this issue to be swept under the door.
The day that Dupont files against HMS, and Nascar, will be the day that Hendricks will be forced to close shop, and dont think for a minute that Hendrick is going to take that lying down...now mutiply this same issue by over 50% of the Race Teams...
It's about time someone got money back out of the wallets of Daytona's best, but sadly could mean for a huge collapse in Stock Car Racing as we now know it.

Saying that, if this is allowed to go to trial in one (1) case, Nascar is not stupid and will eventaully just file Bankruptcy, leaving the teams that made them what they are, to stand alone and follow suit.

Several well known players are right now in talks with Sponsors and seeking legal protection if this does happen.  

Speculation of this happening is high enough on the important list, that several teams will be forced to close shops until the problem can be corrected, as taking the chance of staying open with huge overheads is totally in sane if sponsors are lost in the 11th hour.  

Although, again this is here say, so was everything else I have reported, which has come true.
I would love to think its all B.  S. this time as we cannot afford to loose Nascar, but lessor things have happened in professional sports, that destroyed the sport for a very long time.

I feel for the companies that have to deal with this issues, but please, dont let this thing expole into the closure of a sport that was one time great.
Nascar has made themselves a big corperate giant and now has to play like one, and for me, that is scarry as I dont think Nascar has the people ourthe know how to get out of this one very cheaply, or ethically.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63117#msg63117
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:40:15 PM by B.A.R. »

Offline racenut

• Series Owner
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
 For the record BAR, I was among those that doubted your info. Not all of it, but some of it none the less. Some of has come to fruition, some of it still pending. I also basically said "kudos" for breaking some of this news if it did turn out to be true. I hope the law suit doesn't result in what you're reporting though. Agreed, it would be a huge blow to Nascar and the race teams if some of these blue chip sponsors wanted out.
 While I can stomach my share of crow or humble pie, your NYA, NYA kiss my a** posts are not palatable. IMHO

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63118#msg63118

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
I was just meesing with ya's on the nah-nah-nah- nah- nah stuff, although it was funny at the time when I first broke the news that noone would belive it.

For future..I dont make this crap up as I have a ton of freinds that work, at different levels both with Nascar Teams and Nascar itself.

Its not all about bashing the series, just plain old facts.

I think the Nascar of old was a great business, and they made it that way by making sure the racers made money and deserved credit where credit is do. That's what made Nascar a huge giant in racing an was regarded as the very best by anyone in racing- regardless what series they ran in.
The Nascar today is a company that loves to take your money...kiss you off when your in trouble, and could care less if you were racing or not...
It is Money in their pockets that has made them who they are.
Guys like Buck who come into Nascar and learn to lie, are the same idots that they need to get rid of.  Nascar would have been a great deal about 15 years ago in Canada. but now they come into here as the money eaters from hell and there is no stopping them unless they cahnge the way they do business.

So there you have it....I love what Nascar was, but I hate what they have become.

You ever step in Dog crap and cant get it off your shoe's....
thats what Nascar today reminds me of, or should I say NA$CAR....

One day, when I have enough of this crap, I would love to walk up to the little fat guy and buy him a double cheeze burger...filled full of that same stuff I couldnt get off my shoe's !!!

Give me a N...
Give me an A..
Give me an S...
Give me a C...
Give me anA...
and give me an R   - U-  done yet !!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63119#msg63119

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
Gordon could use him back on the box. Lets Get The RainBow Warriors going again.

Evernham still wants to be around Nascar, for what reason know one really knows, but sorces tell me he has a huge debt to pay and needs a high paying posistion to keep going.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63121#msg63121
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

OOOPS my bad  :o

from Jayski
New ride for Petty? UPDATE denied: hearing that after the Daytona 500 with James Hylton, the #08 EM Motorsports team will run Kyle Petty in up to 14 races with sponsorship from Wells Fargo and others TBA.(1-2-2009)
UPDATE: been told that this is not true and nothing is signed.(1-2-2008)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63122#msg63122

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »
bar i am sure that lowes dupont etc want to drive nascar and the teams into the dirt over the "coloured lady" case, because it makes so much sense to kill one of the best ad programs that gets their name in the public eye. if they are that upset they will just walk away, also for them to have a leg to stand on in court there human resources departments will be gone thru by nascars lawyers to see if actions of a similiar nature had occured in their company. dont get me wrong i cant stomach what helton and little france wannna be have turned this sport into but use a little common sense. if i am wrong and dupont ect sue nascar over this in the next six months i will let u pick my avatar.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63123#msg63123
same as the old boss

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
A $225,000,000.00  lawsuit was filed,  that does not mean that is how much nascar paid in the settlement,  in the good old U.S of A,  lawsuits are huge numbers with the hope of major corporations and insurance companys settling for much less,  which is still a lot of money.  i would be willing to bet its no more than 10million or so for the recent alligations.  The people involved were fired, what else can nascar do, people do stupid things, and say stupid things. nascar cant control that anymore than dupont or home depot with its own employees.I dont know why all the talk is that petty is out?  the new team is called "RICHARD PETTY MOTORSPORTS"  and the 43 is still going to be at the track.  This is all about ecenomics and survival,  so corporations are combining efforts to stay in the game. Petty will still be at thetrack and in the public eye.  #21 jw

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63126#msg63126

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »
The coloured lady fallout if a bit far off BAR. It always has been redneck racing, and don't say the big companies were to stupid to see that.

Racial lawsuits are not new to NASCAR, there was the one where Rusty Wallace's or some drivers black hauler driver was chased by other drivers in Klan suits. He won some money off NASCAR for that one, and the sky didn't fall..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63128#msg63128

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
Boys..I am merely the messanger passing on inside information.
What leaks out from the South is normally about 90% true to date, and I really dont care if
I am right or wrong in telling what I hear, I just thought you guys would find it news worthy and intreasting tid bits.

As for your statements on folks like DuPont just pulling out, that is pretty much impossable without loosing the money they have gaurenteed in their contracts to teams.
I am not saying it wont happen as it would obviousally be a cheaper way to do things in the  case of getting out of the commitments over what they would payout in a law suit, but highly unlikley, based on the fact that they now have a legal stand on terminating the contracts.

Another point made to me was, this could all be just a way for big Corperations to step aside without loosing any money or creditabillity with consumers, and legally there would be nothing that the team or Nascar could do abouit it as it does provide the reason for just cause in a court of law.

As far as the payout from the most recent incedent with Nascar and the Black Women go,
I will agree with what you say about the USA and huge numbers in hearings being discounted in settlements, but if you read the transcripts of this case, they had already turned down well over a hundred million prior to the hearing.
I think it would be safe to say that they countered with a clause on the amounts of reward, and a schedule of payments that filled the acctual amounts, but to be paid over the next 25 years or so.

Lastly, the information on Petty being involved with the new team and title was on the table at the time of sale, but it has nothing to do with Richard Petty being a partner, or having any say so what so ever.
The deal of having Petty's name on the new deal was only in agreement with the sale of the number 43 and what it stands for.
There is nothing more to this deal then that and RP will kick around the race tracks for sure..... who wouldnt when your Richard Petty.  

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63138#msg63138

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
B.A.R  i think most of us  get a kick out of your posts ,  and sometimes we get all reved up!!  which is fine  as long as it doesnt get nasty.  I look at it like this,  my family has   businesses (trucking, excavating ,gravel) and about  35 employees  amongst them.  You would not believe the stuff we hear on a daily basis, rumours from inside the group. We laugh them off  most of the time,  but now and then  some employees go overboard  and get things all stirred up.   my point here is,  unless you are talking to Mr Hendrick, or roush,  you really have no idea what they are up too,  they are rumours  and that is it.  Not one of them is going to let the cat out of the hat (lol) until it is time to do a press release.  I belive this is why nascar is so quiet with there plans  until they are ready to go public,  they have been down this road before and know the game well.    dont get me wrong  i like your posts (most of the time)  and as soon as i am off this site  i am on jayski or other sites to see if i can get more dirt on your rumour.   Happy new year to you and your team!  jw #21

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9045.msg63153#msg63153

HTML ezBlock

site
stats