Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Solaris Motorsport confirms Domenico Schiattarella on Chevrolet Lumina  (Read 945 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
www.solarismotorsport.com

Solaris Motorsport confirms Domenico Schiattarella on Chevrolet Lumina and presents the new web site

Francesco Sini (Camaro) and Domenico Schiattarella (Lumina) on Solaris Motorsport Chevrolet first and second during the last Superstars race in Vallelunga. Credit: Solaris Motorsport Download the image at higher version

Pescara (march, 31st, 2014) - Solaris Motorsport completes its line up for the start of the 2014 season of the EuroV8 Series, the championship for V8 cars replacing the Superstars International. The Italian team confirms former F1 driver Domenico Schiattarella, who last year drove the #11 Solaris Chevrolet Lumina in three Superstars races. The Notaresco-based Team also presents its brand new website, www.solarismotorsport.com.

"I’m very excited to be reconfirmed by Solaris Motorsport, i feel really part of this special racing family.  – Schiattarella said – Last year we shared good and bad emotion together, a thing that made closer our relationship. I'm pride to be here yet! Monza is a good track for us, but we want and we can be competitive on all tracks of the season.”

Schiattarella is joined in Solaris family last year, when he raced in Zolder, Imola e Vallelunga on a Chevrolet Lumina, getting good results in every track. The Italian driver has a brilliant racing carrier, since the beginning when he won the Italian F4 Championship in 1986 and Italian F2000 Championship in 1987. Schiattarella raced also in F1, in 1994 and 1995. In 1993 he was nominated “Rookie of the Year” in Formula Atlantic, a title that opened him the possibility to race in Indycar in the following two years. In 1996 Domenico started to racing with GT cars, becoming in few period one of best driver of endurance races. 2008 Asia GT Champion, Domenico obtained important results also in GrandAm, ALMS, FIA GT, and a 6th place in 1999 at Le Mans 24h race. (Complete info about Domenico’s career are available on Solaris web site)
"In the last test in Vallelunga we tried a lot of new parts and I'm very satisfied about the progress we have done. With this changes, last October we would have gone much better in Vallelunga! – commented a confident Mimmo – I’m very happy to have found a competitive seat in a team run by real friends. I want to thank all the Sini family, they wanted me strongly and they invested so much in me. I want to repay their trust with concrete results on track.”

Schiattarella's program is a long term one: “Our intention is to run all the season. If we want to stay alway on top, we must put on track the second Camaro too. We hope to be able to do this by the end of the championship.”

Roberto Sini, Solaris Motorsport Team Manager, is really satisfied: "We decided to focus on Mimmo again because we want give continuity to the team. The Lumina improved a lot thanks to the work made by the team during this winter. Our intention is to fight for the win with both cars. To debut in Monza is good for us, the track is one of the best for our cars!”

Francesco Sini, on the Chevrolet Camaro, will be again Mimmo’s team mate. “Ringhio” wanted to give his welcome to Mimmo: "I’m very happy to have Mimmo with us again. His help is very important for the team. He is also a very fast driver, and this gives me the right energies to alway do my best. I really hope we can both fight for the podium in Monza!”

Solaris Motorsport presents to all its fan a new web site  www.solarismotorsport.com. Completely redesigned,  the team's new portal is now characterized by the same colours of the racing Chevrolet made in Notaresco. Live news about all activities of the team, photogallery and behind-the-scenes videos are the distinctive elements of the site developed by Tech In Fu, a young Italian web agency.

The EuroV8 Series season starts this week-end in Italy, on the historical track of Monza. There are six double races in the calendar: three in Italy, Monza, Mugello and Vallelunga and three in Europe in Brno (Czech Republic), Sachsenring and Hockenheim (Germany), alongside ADAC GT Series week-end, a championship that fills the grandstands every Sunday.

Calendar

6th april – Monza
4th may – Vallelunga
18 may – Mugello
22nd june – Brno
21st september – Sachsenring
5th october – Hockenheim

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18957.msg110645#msg110645
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats