Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: F2000 HALLMAN TAKES VICTORY UNDER CHALLENGING CONDITIONS IN RACE 1  (Read 1486 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
HALLMAN TAKES VICTORY UNDER CHALLENGING CONDITIONS
IN RACE 1 AT BARC GRAND PRIX OF ONTARIO

BOWMANVILLE, ON (June 27, 2015) – Jim Hallman persevered through some of the most challenging conditions a racer can face to claim victory in F2000 Canada’s rain-shortened first race of the weekend at the BARC Grand Prix of Ontario at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

The competitors started with slick tires on a dry track but the skies turned grey 10 minutes into the race, which was scheduled to run for 30 minutes. The rain that followed wasn’t a downpour, but it was enough to create very slippery and treacherous conditions.   

“We did really good lap times, probably about my personal best,” Hallman said of his early running in the dry that saw him build an eight second gap on the field.  “Then Aaron (Pettipas) was coming in behind me, and I thought we were going to have a good shootout toward the end. But then the sprinkles started and it went downhill from there.”

Pettipas finished in second place and conceded that taking too cautious of an approach on the slicks when the rains came kept him from challenging Hallman at the end.

“That’s actually the first time in my racing career that I’ve been in that situation,” Pettipas said. “When you’re at speed and you see a few drops on the visor, you don’t want to cross that edge. I was a bit too conservative when I did notice it was a little more than just sprinkling.”

The result was that Hallman claimed a decisive victory, crossing the line 14 seconds ahead of Pettipas as the race was ended 10 minutes early due to the difficult conditions.

Another full day of action is on tap for F2000 Canada on Sunday with practice, qualifying, and a second race on tap. Live timing is available for all sessions at racehero.io.

SERIES CONTACT: Jason Sharpe, (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com, Twitter: @jasonsharpe

If photographs are required please contact Jason Sharpe (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com

Photo by Michael Haley

The F2000 Canada Championship is the premiere wings and slicks series in Ontario, sanctioned by CASC Ontario Region and proudly supported by Hoosier Tire, Stäubli, Lincoln Electric, and Move Motorsports Management. The series is comprised of a six event, double-header format and competes at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Shannonville Motorsport Park and Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21344.msg113820#msg113820
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats