Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: SENSATIONAL OPENING WEEKEND FOR ISABELLE TREMBLAY  (Read 956 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
SENSATIONAL OPENING WEEKEND FOR ISABELLE TREMBLAY
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »

May 24, 2011.  Isabelle Tremblay opened her busy 2011 racing season his past weekend competing in the first event of the ANCA Sportsman Series at the Autodrome St. Eustache.  Having already gained plenty of attention in her brief racing career when she became the only female driver to win the Enduro 200 Tremblay backed up that impressive showing with a fifth place finish in the opening round of the season at St. Eustache.

Securing a top-five finish in the opening round of the ANCA Sportsman Series was no easy task and Tremblay showed her determination in the event.  “I started the qualifying race from second” said Tremblay.  “However I got out of the racing line and I had to really fight to get back from the middle of the pack.  If not for that we might have finished on the podium” she added. Also competing in the event was her teammate for the night Gerry Bergeron who finished the 75 lap event in sixth position. 

The busy long weekend continued for Isabelle Tremblay on Monday at Circuit ICAR.  Tremblay was behind the wheel of her #07 ADF Diesel/Group Beton Brunet Ford and the Dave Jacombs racing team testing for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event to be held at the circuit in two weeks.  Tremblay was working with two time series champion Andrew Ranger who arrived immediately after his ARCA Series win at New Jersey Motorsports Park.  “It was tremendous to work with Andrew at this test session” said Tremblay.  “He is a great talent and is very open and helpful providing tips to me about how the car should handle at different parts of the track and showing me the proper racing line to follow.  We completed over 100 laps and our lap times kept getting better and better all day.  It’s going to be very exciting to race here in a couple of weeks” she added.

Prior to the race at Circuit ICAR the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series season opening event will take place at Mosport Speedway this coming Saturday May 28th.  Tremblay and her #07 ADF Diesel/Group Beton Brunet Ford team were hoping to test at the Speedway last week however that had to be cancelled.  “I suffered a neck injury at home prior to the race at Autodrome St. Eustache” explained Tremblay.  “We hoped to maybe run some laps at Delaware Speedway before this weekend’s race but I’ve been told to rest until then” she stated. 

Despite not testing at Mosport Tremblay expects to start the season with a good showing at the half mile track.  The   “The team has worked very hard to get the car ready for the first race and I’m going to run as many laps as possible and learn as much as I can during practice prior to the race” said the driver.  “I want to try and improve a little bit with each lap around the track and have a solid finish in the race” she stated. 

During the 2011 racing season Isabelle Tremblay will compete in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, the ANCA Sportsman Series at the Autodrome St. Eustache and the F1600 Series.  This kind of large-scale racing program schedule would not be possible without the impressive support of many partners for which Isabelle is extremely grateful.  Isabelle Tremblay’s ANCA Sportsman Series efforts are backed by Insulation Ippersiel, Canadian Tire St. Jerome, La Pizzeria Etc and DB Imaging.  The NASCAR Canadian Tire series program is made possible with support from Group Beton Brunet and ADF Diesel.  Her Formula 1600 Tour receives backing from Furniture World Salotti.

More information about Isabelle Tremblay and her 2011 racing program can be found by going to her website, www.isaracingteam.com       

Team Information:  info@isaracingteam.com

Prepared by Todd Lewis & TL Sports & Entertainment, www.toddlewissports.com (239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13286.msg93162#msg93162
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats