Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Final Preparations Before the Peterbilt 250 Comes This Weekend for Sommerville  (Read 1516 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Final Preparations Before the Peterbilt 250 Comes This Weekend for Sommerville at Speedway 660

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Saint John, NB 8/11/10- This weekend Lonnie Sommerville and his Saint John, NB  based race team will turn their attention to a 100 super late model event at Speedway 660 in Geary, New Brunswick. The event, sponsored by long time Lonnie Sommerville Racing supporter Max 1 Advanced Synthetic Oil, will be the last chance for Sommerville to hit the track in race trim before defending his Peterbilt 250 win from a season ago on Sunday September 5th.

Last month in the Carquest Maritime Pro Stock Tour Parts for Trucks 100 lap event Sommerville stole the show coming from the back of the pack on several occasion to win the race in front of an appreciative crowd. Prior to that Lonnie held his own against the PASS North juggernauts for an impressive podium finish; the highest of any Canadian who entered the event. 

“So far we have an average finish of second this year at our home track, so I’d say we’ve been pretty good their this season. In racing though its not what you’ve done in the past its what your going to do next so that’s why we’re really focusing this weekend on tuning our car for the Peterbilt in September yet still trying get a win in front of our home town sponsors,” said Sommerville.

If the stress of preparing for the biggest race of the 2010 racing season isn’t enough for Sommerville, wife Laura will be at home expecting the birth of their second child Katie Rose due for delivery any day now. While the expecting dad knows the important of the weekend on track he also knows that not being in the delivery room is not an option or so he’s told.

“I can tell you I get reminded on a daily basis where my priorities need to be should Katie decide to come on race day, but if she is any kind of daddy’s girl she’ll wait until after the weekend,” joked Sommerville. “Hopefully she will wait until closer to her due date on August 21st but if something were to happen where I can’t race we can always make it back for a weekly show to get some track time then.”       

The Max 1 Advanced Synthetic Oil 100 presented by Coastal Blending and Packaging is set to kick off Saturday night at 7pm. For more information visit www.speedway660.com for all the latest news, information, and results.

For all the latest news and information regarding Lonnie Sommerville in 2010 visit his website at www.lonniesommerville.com. For public relations and website information contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704-706-3666.

Chris Ragle
TEX Motorsports Marketing/Pro Photo Productions
www.texmotorsports.com
www.prophotoproductions.com
Email: cragle02@yahoo.com
Office: 704-706-3666
Cell: 940-393-3167

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12049.msg85921#msg85921
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats