Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Second Win at Can-Am, Second at Brockville Highlight Big Weekend For Danny O’Bri  (Read 584 times)

Online CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Second Win at Can-Am, Second at Brockville Highlight Big Weekend For Danny O’Brien

Danny O’Brien in victory lane at Can-Am Speedway on Friday, June 1. (Rebecca Eisele photo).   

INVERARY, Ont. – June 3, 2018 – Danny O’Brien lived up to his nickname this weekend as the ‘Pocket Rocket’ earned his second win of the season at Can-Am Speedway in Lafargeville, NY on Friday, June 1 and followed it up with a second-place result after a classic finish at Brockville Ontario Speedway on Saturday, June 2.

At Can-Am on Friday night, O’Brien started 10th for the 30-lap Feature event and wasted little time making his presence felt at the big 5/8-mile oval.

“They all went middle to the bottom going into turn one and I got a good run around the outside on the first couple of laps,” O’Brien said. “I caught a couple cars and then got back down to the bottom. We drove from 10th to second before the first yellow came out on lap 14. We got the lead on the restart and never looked back.”

O’Brien’s ability to use multiple lanes on the track certainly helped pace him to a win for the second straight week at Can-Am.

“The bottom was the place to be, for sure, but early in the race when they’re bottle necked up you might be able to catch a few on the outside,” he added. “We got to the front first and that was key.”

On Saturday night at Brockville, O’Brien finished third in his heat before lining up 13th for the main event. He picked his way forward as quickly as possible, but has to deal with some lapped traffic in the early going.

“Saturday was right around the bottom or right around the top,” O’Brien explained. “It took a long time to get through traffic and we only had two yellows. I followed Ryan Arbuthnot right up through the field.”

Continued O’Brien: “He got to the front first and I got to second. We both got up to the front late, around lap 25. I ran right around the bottom the last few laps and he ran right around the top. We were about the same speed and he got their first to get the win.”

O’Brien now has five top-five finishes on the season and has been especially strong over the last couple of weeks, highlighted by the wins at Can-Am for the veteran driver.

“I have a pretty comfortable setup at both places right now,” O’Brien said. “We haven’t got a win at Brockville, but we’re running right up front all the time, so I really have no complaints. At Can-Am, two in a row is really hard to do with the level of competition there. We’ll ride the wave while it’s going.”

O’Brien plans to be back in action next weekend at both Can-Am Speedway and Brockville Ontario Speedway for the Border Battle Series. The two tracks have teamed for a six-race Border Battle Series, with each race paying $2,000 to win. Both races next weekend will be a part of the series. For additional event information, visit www.racecanam.com and www.brockvillespeedway.com.

SEASON STATS
Danny O’Brien – 8 Starts: 2 Wins, 5 Top-5s, 7 Top-10s

DANNY O’BRIEN MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/DannyOBrienRacing
Twitter: @dannyobrien17

Danny O’Brien is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including 1000 Islands RV Centre, Happy Green Acres Campground, MyFM 99.9 Gananoque, Pat’s Auto Centre, Bicknell Racing Products, Heather-Lynn Topping, Integra Shocks, Number One Speed Shock Service and Kenneth Topping. 

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26089.msg118656#msg118656
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats