Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Hargrove Grabs Pole for Race 1  (Read 979 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Hargrove Grabs Pole for Race 1
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

Saturday, 04 May 2013

The first qualifying race of The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series kicked off today at the 63rd Annual BEMC Spring Trophy Races. It was a tight pack with 21 drivers on the grid and two classes of cars making up the field.

Qualifying saw a close race between the top three drivers in A Class, Scott Hargrove pulled ahead of the pack with Jesse Lazare and Zacharie Robichon following closely. 

“I didn’t know what to expect coming in to this weekend having never driven this track, said Scott Hargrove. “I was able to work well with my team, creating the perfect draft, and I am really happy to be up front for my first race.”

“Qualifying went really well for us today, we were able to be consistently quick early on in the race,” said Jesse Lazare. “I think we are in a strong position going in to the final and have a good chance of fighting for the win.”

From the B Class, Craig Willis and Michael Gayowski posted quick times, with Kieran Murphy taking the third pole position.   

“I progressed well through qualifying with my fastest time on the last lap, overall it went really well, said Craig Willis.”

“We managed to get a draft early on behind one of the A Class cars, but picked up a bit of under steer mid-corner and came in to make a couple of small changes. I was able to go back out and post my fastest time on the last lap.” Said Michael Gayowski. “We have some work to do to catch up to Craig, he is quick, and we need to find at least a half second to run with him consistently.

A Class Results:

Name
 POS
 No. #
 Best Time
 Sponsor
 Hometown

Scott Hargrove
 1:28.797
 BGR Team Grote
 Surrey BC

Jesse Lazare
 1:29.009

Pointe Claire QC

Zacharie Robichon
 1:29.393
 BGR Team Grote
 Ottawa ON

B Class Results:

Name
 POS
 No. #
 Best Time
 Sponsor
 Hometown

Craig Willis
 1:31.256

Georgetown ON

Michael Gayowski
 1:31.903

Ajax ON

Kieran Murphy
 1:34.681
 KMM Inc.
 Toronto ON

Photo: Vic Henderson

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17397.msg107267#msg107267
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats