Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Marcello Puglisi joins the Solaris Motorsport in the Italian GT Championship  (Read 1164 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Marcello Puglisi joins the Solaris Motorsport in the Italian GT Championship

The 29 year old Italian drivern, known in Italy as Sky Sport tv commentator, will race the Imola, Mugello and Vallelunga rounds on the american coupè, sharing the cockpit with Francesco Sini.

Pescara, Italy - Marcello Puglisi will join the next three races of the Italian GT Championship sharing the Solaris Motorsport Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with Francesco Sini. The Trescore Balneario-native driver, known in Italy also as Sky Sport tv commentator, will replace Daniel Keilwitz, second in Monza, unable to continue the season in Italy due to his previous plans in Germany.

29 years old, with a good experience in the single-seater, Puglisi was one of the best protagonist of the Formula Master, where he conquered the 2009 Italian championship and gained 2 wins and 6 podiums in the European series. Puglisi raced also in the F3000 European Championship and in the GP2, the propaedeutic category to F1, taking part to the Asian series and racing in the Montecarlo GP. In 2010 he debuted with touring car, racing in a selected group of International Superstars Series races. In 2011 and in 2012, Puglisi was protagonist of the International GT Open GTS class, where he scored 2 wins and 8 podiums in 14 races. By the 2013, Marcello is also the technical voice for GP2, GP3 and IndyCar comments for Sky Sport Italy.

“I did a test in February with a GT car, I didn’t drive a racing car by two year but I felt well early. I found soon the right feeling with the car and I did some good laps. I’m very happy to have the choice to race with the Solaris Motorsport, I saw them at work in Monza and they look as a professional and serious team. I had also the possibility to chat with Francesco, we had a good feeling from the beginning.” commented Puglisi, who will drive for the first time the Corvette during the Imola pre-race session test. “At the moment I will take part to the next three races but, if we will reach good performances and I’m confident about it, I’m sure we will able to race until the end of the season.”

“I’m happy about the Marcello coming, he has a big experience in single-seater and also with the GT cars and this will help him to find the right feeling with the Corvette soon.” said Francesco Sini. “He showed how fast he is with the GT3 cars, I’m sure that we can gift other good races with him to benefit Solaris Motorsport and all our supporters!”

The Solaris Motorsport Team Principal Roberto Sini is satisfied about the agreement too: “Marcello will be with us in Imola, Mugello and Vallelunga, a long term deal that will give him the needed time to be in confidence with the car and and do his best. I’m confident that he and Francesco will set up a high-level duo. We’re coming from the good performances in Monza, I’m sure that the Solaris Motorsport can keep fighting again for the top spots with these two guys.”

The debut of Marcello Puglisi on the Solaris Motorsport Corvette is scheduled on Tuesday, June 16th, during the pre race test session in Imola, where all the protagonists of the Italian GT Championship will be attended.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21189.msg113632#msg113632
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats