Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Autumn Colours Report - Saturday October 11th  (Read 4366 times)

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
Autumn Colours Report - Saturday October 11th
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »
First, sorry about the late report but watched the end up the Cup race.

Todays racing was quite a bit more exciting than yesterday with some wild action in the last chance races for Thunder and mini-stock. First let me congratulate bake82 and barrie97ps for making it through the last chance races for tomorrows features.

I'll start with the supers. Hanley looks to be the quickest out there by far. I will be a hell of a race for second though with 4 or 5 cars fast enough to be the runner up. The track may change but my money is on Hanley. Heat wins went to 70 of Hanley, 2 of Owen ( way to go John ), 7 of Tiemersma and the 34 of long time SLM runner Al Thompson.

The late models had a couple new arrivals with 14 Tyler Liscum and 99 of Mike Bentley showing up today. Unfortunately the 97 of Cassidy loaded this morning after sustaining damage Friday night. The 06 of Simon Wild was changing a transmission tonight. The heat races were won by the two cars I like to see win the most, 81 of Mercer ( must have been the spotting LOL ) and the 10 of Balson. The first race was a bit of a mess with the 77 of Fernandez taking the 70 of Morgan to the wall out of 4 on the start, almost wrecking the field. Great ration by Dave saved the day for many. Fernandez didn't stop there taking the 95 of Simone high every time he tried to pass on the outside, finally causing a big wreck out of two. Only cosmetic damage and everyone continued. Fernandez got an ear full from Morgan, Simone and the 16 of Kimball after the race. All of it well deserved.

I only saw bits and pieces of the rest of the classes but the LLM heats were like last night, fairly uneventful. Sauble's Jason Parker won one but sorry, can't remember the other two. They do have a last chance tomorrow at 12:45 pm. I really didn't see any Thunder heats but the B feature was won by the 21 of Barrie's Luke Gignac. The min-stock B features were fairly entertaining as well and they were won by the 45 of Barrie's Derek Sererus and the 24 of ?? . They said he flew in from Alberta early Friday morning for the event. I take it he runs here but was on business. The crew seemed pretty happy with the win.

The modifieds had  a great increase in the car counts. Think there were 14 of 15 in todays heat race. I did see at least one new car from Delaware and one from Brighton. Not sure on the rest. They did have a big incident in that heat involving the 1 of Patterson, the 8 of Maclean and the 12 of McLellan. I think all three will be back tomorrow.

One final note the Hurricane midget heats and feature were won by my buddies son Cale Bailey. Cale also wrapped up the Peterborough Speedway Copier Cup as well as the overall season championship for the class.

I can't end it off with out complimenting the staff, scorers and cleanup crew for the last two days. I usually am typing about stuff that's ticked me off at Autumn Colours but this year they seem to be doing a bang up job. A few minor things like only one person at the pit ticket window Friday had me wondering but I think the three day format is working out well. The races aren't all crammed in and we are done at a decent hour. The weather is sure helping as well. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the extremely professional job that Spencer and Glen Butt are doing with the announcing. Great play-by-play and alot of knowledge about current and past events in Ontario short track racing. The Speedway staff also has it so they know who EVERY driver is. Even with all the Xs, Ps, Bs ( you get the picture ) after all the numbers.

If you aren't going tomorrow but aren't doing anything else you are not a race fan. The best field of cars you are going to see this season. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59224#msg59224
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:40:00 AM by slapdown »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Autumn Colours Report - Saturday October 11th
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
Re: Autumn Colours Report - Saturday October 11th
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
And sorry Dusty but the 99 of Stieler was leeking something before his heat started and had to run the B. He pulled off about half way thru. Didn't recall seeing the 98 in the B so he must be qualified.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59225#msg59225

Offline wyatt

• Pit Crew
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
i have to complain about the lineups for the mini B features it was so messed up and changing every few minutes, first our car wasnt even on the list, then 17th in the first B, then we were in the A, and then 12th in the 2nd B

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59226#msg59226

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:41:28 AM »

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:45:27 AM »
it was an adventure...in my B my damn exhaust fell off but atleast we qualied...it is a new day now tomorrow! I just need to hit the crappy tire inthe am and find somehting to put my exhaust back together with...

Dsuty Toad quallied, Drew has a bad knock....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59228#msg59228

Offline wyatt

• Pit Crew
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »
no we finished 6th in the B just outside the cutoff. but awe well we were in a borrowed car anyway

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59229#msg59229

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 01:00:29 AM »
show up tomo Wyatt, someone may drop out...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59231#msg59231

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 01:51:07 AM »
Awesome news there Slapdown, especially to hear that Mercer won his heat race.  Probably will sit down with the team tomorrow as long as I can convince the rest of my group to join.LOL  I'll be there for sure snapping as many pics as I possibly can since it will be the last racing I get to see live this year.  :'(

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59232#msg59232

Offline Statsman

• Series Owner
    • http://public.fotki.com/RodM/
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:47 AM »
Slapdown: Thanks for the update!

Thayne: Great to hear you made the field, I'm sure you will get things sorted out before the feature.

Hope to hear some more details about the LLM field and results. I know Dwayne Baker went to watch the big boys at Charlotte this weekend and my brother is going to be at my place for a big family thanksgiving (the nerve with me an ocean away!), would like to know more about the field though.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59235#msg59235
A Member of People for the Promotion of Positive Posting

Offline Dusty

• Team Owner
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 06:44:09 AM »
Slapdown & Thayne
 Thanks. I guess we will be working this winter. I Hope Toad will do good.

Thayne, Fix her up and take little blue to the front. Good luck.
Thanks Guy's......Gerry

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59236#msg59236
Theres no harm in disagreeing with someone. The harm comes when your disagreeable with someone

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:23 AM »
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »
The LLM field is pretty stout. I don't think anyone has anything for Walters though. Parker looked really good as did Tremble and Parsons. After looking a bit slow on Friday the 19 of Witty and 10 of Shepherd seemed to have things sorted out on Saturday. I'll have better reports today. Our feature is second so will have lots of time to watch.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59238#msg59238

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »
First, sorry about the late report but watched the end up the Cup race.

Todays racing was quite a bit more exciting than yesterday with some wild action in the last chance races for Thunder and mini-stock. First let me congratulate bake82 and barrie97ps for making it through the last chance races for tomorrows features.

I'll start with the supers. Hanley looks to be the quickest out there by far. I will be a hell of a race for second though with 4 or 5 cars fast enough to be the runner up. The track may change but my money is on Hanley. Heat wins went to 70 of Hanley, 2 of Owen ( way to go John ), 7 of Tiemersma and the 34 of long time SLM runner Al Thompson.

The late models had a couple new arrivals with 14 Tyler Liscum and 99 of Mike Bentley showing up today. Unfortunately the 97 of Cassidy loaded this morning after sustaining damage Friday night. The 06 of Simon Wild was changing a transmission tonight. The heat races were won by the two cars I like to see win the most, 81 of Mercer ( must have been the spotting LOL ) and the 10 of Balson. The first race was a bit of a mess with the 77 of Fernandez taking the 70 of Morgan to the wall out of 4 on the start, almost wrecking the field. Great ration by Dave saved the day for many. Fernandez didn't stop there taking the 95 of Simone high every time he tried to pass on the outside, finally causing a big wreck out of two. Only cosmetic damage and everyone continued. Fernandez got an ear full from Morgan, Simone and the 16 of Kimball after the race. All of it well deserved.

I only saw bits and pieces of the rest of the classes but the LLM heats were like last night, fairly uneventful. Sauble's Jason Parker won one but sorry, can't remember the other two. They do have a last chance tomorrow at 12:45 pm. I really didn't see any Thunder heats but the B feature was won by the 21 of Barrie's Luke Gignac. The min-stock B features were fairly entertaining as well and they were won by the 45 of Barrie's Derek Sererus and the 24 of ?? . They said he flew in from Alberta early Friday morning for the event. I take it he runs here but was on business. The crew seemed pretty happy with the win.

The modifieds had  a great increase in the car counts. Think there were 14 of 15 in todays heat race. I did see at least one new car from Delaware and one from Brighton. Not sure on the rest. They did have a big incident in that heat involving the 1 of Patterson, the 8 of Maclean and the 12 of McLellan. I think all three will be back tomorrow.

One final note the Hurricane midget heats and feature were won by my buddies son Cale Bailey. Cale also wrapped up the Peterborough Speedway Copier Cup as well as the overall season championship for the class.

I can't end it off with out complimenting the staff, scorers and cleanup crew for the last two days. I usually am typing about stuff that's ticked me off at Autumn Colours but this year they seem to be doing a bang up job. A few minor things like only one person at the pit ticket window Friday had me wondering but I think the three day format is working out well. The races aren't all crammed in and we are done at a decent hour. The weather is sure helping as well. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the extremely professional job that Spencer and Glen Butt are doing with the announcing. Great play-by-play and alot of knowledge about current and past events in Ontario short track racing. The Speedway staff also has it so they know who EVERY driver is. Even with all the Xs, Ps, Bs ( you get the picture ) after all the numbers.

If you aren't going tomorrow but aren't doing anything else you are not a race fan. The best field of cars you are going to see this season. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

I'd like to Congratulate the ANNOUNERS AT AUTUMN COLORS THIS YEAR "awesome job" and it's a real pleasure to be able to sit and listen to all the racing info and know who's in each car + NO MUSIC PLAYED and you can at least talk to people without being drowned out by MUSIC !
That music that Dalliday plays on reg nights is so annoying to people.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59239#msg59239

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
I'd like to Congratulate the ANNOUNERS AT AUTUMN COLORS THIS YEAR "awesome job" and it's a real pleasure to be able to sit and listen to all the racing info and know who's in each car + NO MUSIC PLAYED and you can at least talk to people without being drowned out by MUSIC !
That music that Dalliday plays on reg nights is so annoying to people.

Would be nice if they turned them up some, so you can hear them. Only time you can hear them is when no one is running or the cars are lined on the far side. Shame to have them talking and no one able to hear them.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59241#msg59241
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »
Would be nice if they turned them up some, so you can hear them. Only time you can hear them is when no one is running or the cars are lined on the far side. Shame to have them talking and no one able to hear them

I agree there it was kinda of hard to hear.

as for the music...I don't mind when nothing is happning..or like last year they had some like faint music in the background as they were introducing the fields, that was a nice touch to get people pumped up I thought.

One thing it sure seems hard to pass out there..expessialy this year..I'm not sure if it's just the compition level...or the track not having much grip or what...but unless your starting inside the top-10 I dout your going to win your feature....from the way it looks.

only 20 mins untill I leave to go back WOOOHOO ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8839.msg59242#msg59242
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:06:34 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

HTML ezBlock

site
stats