Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Outlaw Members.  (Read 1090 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Outlaw Members.
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

I have to laugh at what gets on National television. Racing, Nascar specifically goes on all over the USA most weekends. Occasionally, coverage hits prime time non-racing stations. In this case the Media didn't say who won or mention all the great racing the spectators witnessed. No, they show a clip of some car bumping # 24 Jeff Gordon and getting him loose and scrubbing the wall followed by another clip later in the race of Gordon taking out the two offending cars and wrecking them all, justifying it by the rough treatment he had been getting all year. Then they cut to the two racers chasing each other around the parking lot trying to get in a fist fight.  LOL  What news coverage! Not really what Nascar would hope for but since the Media generally do not report happy things like successful flights, car trips or nice weather, you have to expect it. The Media would rather show plane and car crashes or weather that causes massive destruction and therefore cannot expect much better.

I must say, that if you leave the television off, and miss all the far away bad news, life in Southern Ontario is pretty good.

In keeping with that thought, I do not have any bad news to report.

The Tillsonburg Outlaw Kart Club finished off the season with the annual Banquet back in October. With a great bunch of parents and racers assembled, it is always a good time. I enjoy seeing the young racers abandon their parents to sit with their friends (also known as competitors) to enjoy their night. Despite being out of reach of their parents, they are always well behaved and I can tell by the many smiles I see, they are having fun. We had a great meal and once everyone was well fed, the driver introductions got underway. In a truly cruel twist of fate, the youngest drivers had to wait the longest to get their awards. Not to worry as there was enough entertainment to keep them involved with the goings on that the young racers stayed engaged. Several even went home with some cash for answering the skill testing questions correctly. With each division complete, awards handed out and the laughter finished, we moved on to some terrific door prizes for drivers and then their teams. After that it was all bench racing and telling lies.  LOL

With that, the season is complete. Now we start thinking about next season.

Triggering this thought was a phone call from a prospective race team looking for a used kart. I passed on what information I could for available karts but it got me to thinking. If there are any teams thinking of upgrading their karts to race something faster or newer, let us know so we can match available used karts with new drivers. Just think, hardly 5 months to the first race of 2013. 

Gentlemen(and women)...... Start your engines!

Dave Chesterman.
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
Tillsonburg Outlaw Kart Club
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=16795.msg106178#msg106178
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: November 15, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats