Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Things Needed To Be Done at Delaware  (Read 6095 times)

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
Things Needed To Be Done at Delaware
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:37:45 AM »
Now that the year is almost done at Delaware(ISMA Sept.28 & Enduro Nationals Sept.29 )Here are a few things that should be done for next year to make this a track for specators to come to.
 1) Fix track. Pave it and take those jersey barriers out.A lot of drivers hate these as it make the cars go airborne if the drivers make contact with them. I know this will cost big money but it has to be done.
 2) Give all drivers points in heat races as of now only top 5 get points in heats.As a couple of drivers have told me why race hard if you know your car or truck is not good enough to finish in top5. They have said they can dog it and get a good starting position in the feature.Possible solution go back to 3 heats per division(shorter fields ) this way every car would have a realistic chance at points.
 3)Enduro races as you know the counts are down find a way to increase them or maybe go to a new group mini cars ( 4 Cylinders )
 4) Push for another special series (NCTS,Hooters Cup,Etc).This I think will be sucessful if point 1 is taken care of.
 5) This maybe a tough one find a way of making your car counts bigger
 6) Take a look at possibly making your season longer instead of finishing your Champioship races make it the end of September. I know you will say weather but they used to do this a few years ago
 These are just a few things that I think should be looked at what do other people (fans ) think.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32397#msg32397

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Things Needed To Be Done at Delaware
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline DB71

• Car Owner
Re: Things Needed To Be Done at Delaware
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
 1) Fix track. Pave it and take those jersey barriers out.A lot of drivers hate these as it make the cars go airborne if the drivers make contact with them. I know this will cost big money but it has to be done.
>>>> ain'g gonna happen

2) Give all drivers points in heat races as of now only top 5 get points in heats.As a couple of drivers have told me why race hard if you know your car or truck is not good enough to finish in top5. They have said they can dog it and get a good starting position in the feature.Possible solution go back to 3 heats per division(shorter fields ) this way every car would have a realistic chance at points.
>>>> I agree with this

4) Push for another special series (NCTS,Hooters Cup,Etc).This I think will be sucessful if point 1 is taken care of.
>>> I'd like to see NCTS again

>>> not gonna happen

6) Take a look at possibly making your season longer instead of finishing your Champioship races make it the end of September. I know you will say weather but they used to do this a few years ago
>>> too much competition in September to get crowds, Westren Fair and School starting.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32398#msg32398

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
the 4 cylinders would have to be built pretty good for that track....they should try a few invitationals and see how many would show...i kno some guys would like to try that track....this is what flamboro did the first year and when enough showed interest they started the class and have 27-29 cars every week....and thats because some just show once inawhile...they would have 40 if they all did at once....didnt delaware get enduro cars from other tracks at one time...now that delaware is the only track running them pretty well may be reason for low counts....i think the truck class is the best myself, good counts and 3 wide racing...there are 5 of us that go and only when trucks are on the schedule.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32400#msg32400
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »
Delaware runs an Enduro Series now which gets cars from all Southwestern Ontario but the counts are down from other years.Used to get 100-150 Plus cars in it glory days. now average maybe 60-75 per race could be a little low but i donot think so.This is why I think maybe they should look at something
else

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32401#msg32401

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
60 for an enduro is pretty good i would think...might not look so good spread out on the track though....i havent been to one since i saw someone get pinned between 2 cars at flamboro yearssssss ago... my point was that since delaware is pretty well the only one running them that some people dont kno about them...i kno a few guys that use to go to all the tracks running them because they didnt want to race every week...now they tour the fairs doing figure eights and demos...i was talking to one guy and he didnt even kno that anyone ran any anymore except for the jan 1st one at ransonville.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32406#msg32406
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:05:33 PM »
1) Fix track.

Goes without saying. Got an extra 1/4 mil kicking around to chip in? (OK I know I made that figure up, but I don't think I'm far off.)

2) Give all drivers points in heat races as of now only top 5 get points in heats.

Not a bad idea. Doable if they wanted to.

Possible solution go back to 3 heats per division(shorter fields ) this way every car would have a realistic chance at points.

Gawd please no. Heats are actually intersting now. Wanna go back to 6 car heat races? No thanks.  Paying points further back would help alleviate the points blow that came from switching to 2 heats.

3)Enduro races as you know the counts are down find a way to increase them or maybe go to a new group mini cars ( 4 Cylinders )

4 cyl is the future. Get all those jabronies with the hot camaros out on Friday night where they belong. Is there a claim rule in Enduro? If not, there should be.

4) Push for another special series (NCTS,Hooters Cup,Etc).

I'd call this a want, rather than a need. It'd be nice to see an NCTS race. Hell, I'd settle for OSCAAR. (Tell me there shouldn't be a Biederman Memorial race at Delaware.)

lol...yeah...they probably haven't thought of that.  ::)

They could go a couple more weeks....like every other track on the planet. Traditionally, crowds have been light after Labor Day. On the other hand previous management never took the extra effort to promote races after labor day, hence the light crowds. I think they're just resigned to not (weekly) racing after Labor Day. Personally, I loved it when, after the big weekend, they'd to 2 or three weeks of Sunday afternoon racing to make up the rain dates and wrap up the weekly season. I dunno if they have that option anymore.  (BTW, I don't buy that every Delaware fan is also a Knights fan. No, you won't get huge crowds, but folks'd be there.)

But...what the hell...there's always Flamboro or Oshweken if you need your post Labor Day fix.

Here's one I'd like to add. Bring back the Australian Pursuit race at the beginning of the show. Start the show with your big guns, whoever they are that night. Make it worth points.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32408#msg32408
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline DB1

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Never too old for racin'
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »
About those Jersey Barriers....are they not reversible and straight on the other side.....sounds like a very inexpensive way to straighten out the wall problems and allow a few more dollars towards the track repair.
And as far as repaving, couldn't this become a three year project,,,,1st year do the corners, 2nd year, the front straight...etc. I realize the owners want to show a profit line, but just a little more towards the track itself would probably make it all happen.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32414#msg32414
Never too old for racin'

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »
Now that the year is almost done at Delaware(ISMA Sept.28 & Enduro Nationals Sept.29 )Here are a few things that should be done for next year to make this a track for specators to come to.
I think that almost goes without saying. I don't think there's any way the walls can be saved if they're repaving the track (which definitely needs to happen sooner rather than later)...
I like that idea and I don't like it at the same time. More racing in a night is a good thing for me, however it has the potential to drag the show out to 11:30-12:00 like they used to do. When finishing within a 3-hour time frame is one of the selling points for casual fans, I'm not sure this would help. Mind you, you could shift the intermission around to fit, but even when they ran 3-4 heats and there wasn't an intermission the show would run long. Maybe different point intervals for the heats would help, but I wouldn't want to see guys tearing their stuff up over heat points...
Enduro's taken a shift over the past few years. A lot of guys have moved up to other classes (Delaware or Buxton) and as the cars have gotten faster (probably about 2-4 seconds faster since 2001) guys haven't been able to compete. The dominance of the Camaro (and three certain drivers) and the subsequent diminished supply of Camaro spares and the like around here isn't helping to build car counts as well. I think you might see more guys give it a shot if the newer Camaros/T-birds/g-body cars can have a go of it and be competitive. I also think you'd see more cars if the grey area was taken out of the enduro rules (ie. enforcing what is in the rulebook down to the letter) and if you could restore the purse money to what it was a couple of years ago (especially at the back of the payout) it would help. I think eventually the enduro division is going to have to move to 4-cylinders in a few years, but there's still a lot the track can do with the full-size cars as well...
I'll agree with you on that, although I'd rather see a Pro Cup or ARCA race solely for the exposure to the US market. Mind you' I wouldn't mind seeing OSCAAR and OSS at the speedway, to work up to a big-name event in '09. Hell, if it won't break the bank, do it next season, but don't do things like that if it'll hamper the weekly classes.
1) Higher purses (especially through the back-half of the payout.) to where guys would be dumb to stay away;
2) Lower gate fees (ie. pre-2007 levels) to gain an advantage against the track's competitors;
3) "Slower" rules packages (keep as many guys legal and keep running as affordable as possible);
4) Strong promotion/advertising (to bring fans in and to achieve a return for car/track sponsors); and
5) Competitor courting (keeping the guys you have and attempting to woo competitors from other series).
Some of these things the track already does, but if they get all 4 I think it can put them over the top. Of course, the new surface is going to have a HUGE impact on who runs here...
6) Take a look at possibly making your season longer instead of finishing your Championship races make it the end of September. I know you will say weather but they used to do this a few years ago
That was back when the Knights sucked, too. I'd like to see them start earlier (mid-April) and especially go later (a couple of dates in September) if only to account for rain-outs and the like, but considering how well the Knights draw I'm not sure it would work. However, I think a mid-September "Western/Fanshawe Night" could work well (especially with an open beer tent...) I'd agree with not all Delaware fans being Knights fans, but at the same time a lot of your casual DS fans are probably Knights fans as well...

Personally, if the funding can be found (nudge nudge wink wink race sponsors) I'd like to see one extended feature per class per month (ie. a 50-lap SS race one week, a 75-lap LM race the next, a 50-lap modified race the week after, and so on) as well as a shuffling of the feature/heat order, in order to put everyone into the premier slots every once in a while (like the dirt tracks do)...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg32415#msg32415

Offline tricknology

• Pit Crew
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »
here is some INFO on FWD 4 cyl Enduro's , would work at Delaware, I really liked racing there in Canada when i was younger ,,,,

2007 ENDURO PAYOUT FOR FOUR CYLINDER
Kalamazoo Speedway is committed to keeping  Enduro Racing alive and well in 2007.  Log on to the Rules section for a complete list of the 2007 rules for the Four Cylinder Enduro cars.  Keep your eyes posted on www.kalamazoospeedway.com for up to date information on the enduros, including start times, as well as dates for the Rollover Contests, Spectator Drags, Truck Wars, and any other enduro related info.  You may call the speedway office @ 1-269-692-2423 if you have any questions.

Payoffs for 2007

April 7th  "Thaw Out 200" Enduro at Kalamazoo Speedway          $1500-1000-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-115-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th finishers.

May 6th  "Fan Appreciation Night" for all the Kalamazoo Speedway Enduro Hounds!         $2000-1200-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-115-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th - $50 for 36th-50th place finishers.

May 27th  "Veterans 199" Enduro at Kalamazoo Speedway          $2000-1200-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-115-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th - $50 for 36th-50th place finishers.

July 4th  "Stars and Stripes 200"  Enduro at Kalamazoo Speedway      $3000-1500-1000-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th - $50 for 36th-50th place finishers.

August 11th  "Summer Sizzler 200" Enduro at Kalamazoo Speedway          $2000-1200-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-115-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th- $50 for 36th-50th place finishers.

Sept. 2nd  "Kalamazoo Klassic 200"  Enduro at Kalamazoo Speedway      $5000-2500-1500-1000-800-700-600-500-475-450-425-400-375-350-325-300-275-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-110-100- $75 for 31st-40th - $50 for 41st-50th place finishers.

November 3rd  "Turkey Trot 200"  Four Cylinder Enduro        $1500-1000-800-600-500-450-400-350-325-300-250-225-200-190-180-170-160-150-140-130-120-115-110-105-100- $75 for 26th-35th place finishers.

Point Fund for the Four Cylinder top Five Champions of 2007        $1000-500-250-200-100

"Ironman Endurance Award"    We will be awarding a cash bonus of $100 to each and every driver that enters and competes in all 7 enduro events, in 2007.  This bonus money will be paid at the last event, at the completion of the November 3rd enduro!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33218#msg33218
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 07:13:12 PM by tricknology »

Offline tricknology

• Pit Crew
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »
2007 FOUR CYLINDER ENDURO RULES

The Belle Tire Four Cylinder Enduro Series that we going on is probably one of the most successful series of it’s kind, in the nation.  I have had over 15 track operators call me since September, for a copy of our rules, procedures, etc.  This has turned into a fantastic entertainment spectacle, for both the enthusiastic spectators, as well as the nearly 400 drivers that participated with us last season.  The one element that we are going to push for this upcoming season will be Safety!

We want all drivers and teams to look at the quality and construction of your roll cages, as well as the mounting procedures of your seat and racing belts.  I have the names and numbers of several people that I know, who will put a safe cage and seat mount in your car for a very reasonable cost.  If you are knowledgeable enough to do your own cage, take your time, use adequate materials including a full size drivers door plate, and ask someone if you have any questions.  As cars get harder to find and you put more time and effort into your roll cage, we will be allowing some simple bars going to the rear of the car (see enduro rules).  These are not for speed or performance, they are for safety and to help keep your cars from bending up so easy in the rear.  Take a look at purchasing a full fire suit, complete with gloves and shoes, or even at picking up a new or used racing seat.  Remember that most safety equipment is a one time purchase, and can be used year after year, in several different cars.

Think Safety…Think Fun…Think Cheap!!

Our 2007 Belle Tire Four Cylinder Enduro Series will be featuring 7 Enduro events, all being held at Kalamazoo Speedway.   We will again be crowning an overall Enduro Champion, as well as having trophies and cash prizes for the top 5 point finishers.  An added bonus for any of our “Enduro Ironman Awards” will be as follows:  Each & every driver that enters and competes in all 7 enduro events, will receive a $100 cash bonus, which will be paid after the last enduro.  Last season, we had over 60 drivers compete in all 6 events; we are shooting for 100 drivers in 2007!

The dates for the 7 events at Kalamazoo are as follows:

Saturday,  April 7th     Sunday, May 6th     Sunday, May 27th     Wednesday, July 4th     Saturday, August 11th     Sunday, September 2nd     Saturday, November 3rd

Keep an eye on both speedway websites during the off-season for times, special events, etc., remember to build your cars safe, a see you all on April 7th!

Note these rule enforcements:   

Rule # 1 is Safety - Build em'''' Safe, Stock, Cheap, & Fun!   This is enduro racing, but we are keeping an eye on some rough, intentional dirty driving.  Take notice of this warning, you will be parked if we feel that you are in violation of this.  Mufflers are manditory, some cars are getting way too loud.  No extra bars or plating in the front or rear of the bumper area, if you have to replace a bumper. you must use a small cars stock bumper, not a piece of square tubing or a truck bumper.  We highly recommend the chaining or strapping of all bumpers, as you will be black flagged if your metal bumper is draging bad.

Any Four Cylinder Front Wheel Drive Cars, except the following: No Convertibles, No Trucks, No Two Seat Coupes, No Turbo or Super Charged Engines, No Multi Carburetors, No Rotary Engines, No Mid or Rear Engine Cars, and No Cosworth Engines. Factory Stock Fuel injection only.  Honda CRX is OK.
Maximum Wheelbase – 105”
Complete Stock Body – front to rear, stock frame, stock suspension, stock front & rear firewalls, Stock, Stock, Stock! All trunks & hoods will have working stock hinges. Hoods & trunks must be secured with hood pins only – remove all factory hood & trunk latches. Bumpers should be chained or strapped to frame. All holes in firewalls or floor must be covered with metal. Steering and suspension must be stock - no modifications. ½” camber allowed, measured with a carpenter square.
Dashboard, Steering & Pedals must be Stock – Cars must and have a working horn or radio, with the steering collum and dash intact. No Mirrors. All cars must start with a key, or use a push button/toggle switch hooked directly to the steering collum wiring harness.  The vinyl cover on the dash may be removed. 
All Glass except for the windshield must be removed. Lexon windshield is OK. All loose glass must be vacuumed out of the car.  All wheel weights must be removed from every tire that you are racing on, including your spares.  You must take off each tire, and check for wheel weights on the inside and outside of the wheel.  If you get up to the tech area  with any wheel weights on your wheels, you will be sent back to the pits to remove all wheels and inspect them inside and out.
All Insulation & Upholstery under the hood, on the floor, and in the interior of the car must be removed. All headlights, taillights, loose chrome, etc. must be removed from the car.
Stock Transmission for that make & model of the car.
Battery may be relocated, strapped securely, and covered.
Stock Exhaust System with muffler, exiting behind the driver’s seat. Maximum exhaust size will be 2”.
Gas Tank – If the stock gas tank is located ahead of the rear axle, it may remain in place. Any tank behind the rear end must be replaced & relocated in the trunk. Use a small fuel cell (8 gal or smaller) or a boat gas tank. Fuel cell or boat gas tank will be mounted in the farthest forward area of the trunk, securely fastened with at least 4 straps. Rear firewall must be enclosed if the gas tank is placed in the trunk.
Tires & Wheels – Stock wheels for that make & model of car. Right front wheel may be replaced with a safety wheel. All wheels will be a maximum of 15” x 6” wide. All wheels & tires will be the same size & profile on all 4 corners. Approved passenger car tires only, No low profile, trick or exotic tires. Maximum tire width is a 70 series tire (No 65 or 60 series tires) .  Maximum size for a 15" wheel is a 205 - 70.
Safety Requirements – A roll cage with a minimum of a rollover bar is required, with the rollover bar being just behind the driver’s seat. The minimum tubing size is 1½” x .095 thickness, and must be securely welded or bolted to the car. All cars must have a minimum of 3 door bars on the driver’s side, built in as part of your roll cage. The front portion of the 4-post cage must go up over or under the steering column and over to the right side of the cage. Do not attach the 4 pieces of the upright tubing of your main cage simply to the floor board tin.  We strongly suggest that you weld and/or bolt a piece of tubing that lays flat on the inside of the car, running parallel with the rocker panel, where your rocker panel and floorboard are seamed together. This piece of tubing installed on each side of the car (aprox 42"long) can be welded in several spots to the inner rocker panel/floorboard area, and will be an excellent spot to attach your 4 uprights of your main roll cage.  Call Scott on this if you have any questions on this.  These 4 upright bars are what your main cage consists of and is where your door bars will attach to, they need a good solid area to attach to.   No removing of any interior metal inner body panels, except for clearance for driver’s side doorbars. Drivers side door plates are recommended, either over the door bars, or they can be welded or bolted to the outside of the drivers side door, overlapping the front and back door seam. Both doors must be welded or chained shut. If a stock seat is used, make sure all tracks are bolted in place. The back of the seat must be secured to the back of the rollbar. A racing seat, mounted to the roll cage is highly recommended.   A drivers side window net is required and must be able to unlatch for easy driver exit.  A set of racing seat belts and shoulder harnesses are required, mounted in a safe and proper fashion. Helmet must meet minimum DOT standards, a Snell approved helmet is suggested. An approved firesuit top is required, a full firesuit, including racing gloves and shoes are highly recommended.  No lead, concrete, or any ballast may be added to the cars.
Rear Bars   We are allowing the placement of two rear bars, solely for the purpose of safety and to try to keep the rear of the car from folding up so easy.  Maximum of any tubing size will be 1 3/4", round or square, there will be no 3" or 4" channel.  The rear bars may extend rear-ward from the top of the cage behind the driver, angling down towards the rear of the trunk area.  We suggest having a piece of tubing welded flat on the trunk floor, back near the kick-up of the very rear of the trunk area.  This is the material that your two rear bars will attached to.  No bars of any kind will extend out through the rear of your trunk area, any bars out past this point will need to be cut out before racing.  Your two rear bars may run down along side of the two strut towers, to help keep them from rolling in so easy.  The bars may be up against the towers, but are not allowed to be attached in any way to the towers.  You may have 1 -  X  in between your two diagonal bars or you may have 1 horizontal bar going between your two bars, nothing more than that.  Call Scott before doing your bars if you have a question on this, it will help us save on sawsall blades!
Kalamazoo Speedway Officials will have the final word on the eligibility of any car, so call if you have a question. Remember these four words;  Safety, stock, cheap, and fun!!

Call Scott or Gary for any questions or rule clarifications 269-692-2423

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33219#msg33219

Offline tricknology

• Pit Crew
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »
fwd 4 cyl. Pony Stock Speed Tips,,,,

http://www.spartanspeedway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

Speed Secrets & tricks
This is one of the message threads extracted from the older Spartan Speedway message board.
This is a collection of notes (along with links to other helpful sites on the internet) pertaining to getting the most from a 4 cylinder front-wheel drive Pony Stock race car.
WARNING: Some of this stuff may not be legal by the rules!

http://spartanspeedway.com/OldBoardStuff/PonySpeedSecrets.html

also here is a Rules thread,,,,

http://spartanspeedway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33220#msg33220
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:13:13 PM by tricknology »

Offline tricknology

• Pit Crew
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »

Spartan Speedway in lansing michigan has been running 4 cyl fwd cars the longest, and has the most equitable rules.

They even up the competiton between the 2 valve per cylinder cars and the 4 valve per cylinder cars in very simple, low cost, and easy to tech ways,

2 valve cars have are allowed a bigger engine ( 2.5 L)  and a bigger EXHAUST outlet ( 2 in OD), and weigh less( 100lbs)

4 valve cars (Neons)  have a Smaller engine ( 2.0 l) and a smaller exhaust outlet ( 1.5 in OD ) and weigh 100 lbs more.

PLUS all cars have to use NARROW street tires.

http://spartanspeedway.com/Info/rules2007/2007Rules19.php

SECTION 19
Spartan Speedway PONY STOCK RULES

A. ELIGIBILITY
  B. BODIES & CHASSIS
  C. FUEL SYSTEMS
  D. SUSPENSION
  E. TIRES AND WHEELS
  F. TRANSMISSIONS
  G. BRAKES
  H. WEIGHT
  I. EXHAUST
  J. SAFETY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice: These rules are set to provide for the new and inexpensive class for the novice driver. This class is designed to give the entry level person the opportunity to experience the thrill of racing. Any interpretations of the rules are left to the officials, whose decisions are final. Just because it is not written, does not mean you can do it. The two words to remember in this class are STOCK ONLY. In the event a car is deemed to have illegal parts the car is subject to being banned from all future race events at Spartan and Springport Motor Speedways. The driver is subject to loss of all points to date, all prize money for the night and suspension from property.

Notice: If you are considering building or purchasing a Pony Stock we highly recommend you receive pre-registration approval prior to doing so. There may be cars that have been permanently suspended from Spartan and Springport Speedways because of rule infractions.

Notice: Due to the many makes and models available for use, restrictions may be added to any specific make or model to maintain fair and equal competition.

A. ELIGIBILITY:

a) 4 cylinder front wheel drive.
b) No convertibles, trucks or two seat coupes.

c) No turbo, multi-carburetor, rotary, mid or rear engine, Cosworth, Neon ACR, Magnum, RT or engines with more than 8 valves. Exception: Single OHC, 2.0, 16 valve Neon - 1995 to 1999. Neons 2000 and up are limited to the 132hp base engine. Neons with DOHC engines and 150hp SOHC Magnum engines are NOT ALLOWED.

d) Factory stock fuel injection allowed.

e) Maximum engine size 2.5 L , NEONS 2.0 L

f) The use of O.E.M. or after market performance parts is not allowed.

B. BODIES & CHASSIS:
a) Must be stock and in stock locations.
b) No adjustable struts/shocks.

c) Neons - May replace the factory 8 mm right front hub with a 10 mm hub.

d) Body and frame must match the same make and model and year.

e) Must have full windshield (Lexan may be used) with all the other glass removed. Lexan quarter windows allowed.

f) Front and rear firewalls must be original and in stock locations.

g) All holes and openings in firewalls must be covered with metal.

h) Aluminum racing seats that are properly mounted are MANDATORY. (No fiberglass seats).

i) Dash must remain in stock location.

j) No mirrors.

k) Stock radiators mounted in stock location only.

l) The battery may remain in the original factory location provided it is in a safe location and securely mounted. If the battery is relocated, it may only be relocated to the trunk area. Batteries mounted in trunk must be secured by (2) two 1" metal straps. No batteries mounted in driver's compartment.

m) No pedal extensions.

n) Must have a battery kill switch mounted on "A" pillar.

o) Doors must be welded or bolted shut.

p) Interior door panels, upholstery and headliner must be removed.

q) Tube may be reinforced between cage and strut tower. A tube may also extend beyond the strut tower to the front, continued across the front and end at the opposite strut tower but may not compromise the original unibody construction. No non-factory tower to tower brace.

C. FUEL SYSTEMS:
a) Fuel tank to be mounted in trunk and secured with (2) two 1" metal straps (made for racing fuel cells are recommended). May run OEM plastic gas tank if it is located in front of rear axle, under floor pan, and is fully covered with a steel skid plate. Fuel lines must run below floor pan. Tanks that are mounted in the trunk must have protective hoop and 10" of ground clearance.
b) External electric fuel pumps allowed, but must be wired to oil pressure shut down switch.

D. SUSPENSION:
a) Must be factory stock and in stock location with no alterations and must match year, make and model. Camber RF maximum 8 degrees, all other corners maximum 2 degrees.
b) No modifications are allowed to any front or rear suspension part including (but not limited to) axle assemblies, k-frames or frame crossmembers, control arms, struts, and spindles. Control arm mounting points, k-frame and crossmember mounting points may not be modified or relocated.

c) Removal of stabilizer bars are allowed. Addition of stabilizer bars are allowed only if original factory equipment. If stabilizer bars are used, stock unaltered mountings and mounting parts must be used.

d) Stock appearing springs front and rear must be used. Extra heavy duty, aftermarket racing or performance springs are not allowed. Left and right must be equal, including number of coils, free length, etc. Only original factory rubber spacers may be used on top or bottom of springs. If spacers are used, left and right must match. No spacers of any kind are allowed between the coils. Spring coils must not be close to binding at a standstill. Vehicle must sit reasonably level, left to right, at a standstill.

e) Stock-type shocks and struts must be used. No aftermarket racing or performance struts or shocks allowed. Modifications to shocks, struts, mounting points, and upper and lower spring mounts are not allowed. Shocks and struts must be allowed to have full free travel up and down without binding. Mounting points must be stock.

E. TIRES AND WHEELS:
a) Steel wheels only, stock for that year, make and model.
b) Maximum width of 6" steel wheels only.

c) Any D.O.T. stamped tire. Max width P195, Neon 185 front (rear may be 195). Minimum 70 series (no 65, 60, etc. series). Minimum tread wear rating of 300.

d) All wheels and tires must be the same size, except LR may be different. Neon tires - Front must be maximum 185 and the same. Rear may be different.

F. TRANSMISSIONS:
a) Stock automatic only
b) Stock converter with no alterations.

c) Must have working forward and reverse gears.

G. BRAKES:
a) Must have 4 wheel hydraulic brakes in working order.

H. WEIGHT:
a) Minimum weight of 2350 lbs., (Neon 2450) post race with driver.
b) All added weight must be secured with two 1/2 inch bolts. Weight must be painted white with car number on it.

I. EXHAUST:
a) Must be stock from manifold back.
b) Catalytic converters must be removed.

c) A maximum 95 DB reading.

d) Maximum O.D. outlet size is 2" for the last 6", must exit behind driver and be fully visible. Neons to be 1.5" maximum O.D. System may not have leaks.

e) No exhaust leaks allowed.

J. SAFETY:
a) The roll cage must be of four post design with four driver's side door bars and three right side door bars. From front up right to rear upright and from top door bar to frame rail. A 1/8" steel plate is mandatory on driver's side door bars from front upright to rear upright and from top door bar to frame rail.
b) Driver's window must have approved window net.

c) Racing seat must be secured to roll cage with a minimum of six (6) 3/8" bolts.

d) Approved aluminum racing seat and mandatory.

e) All bars within driver's reach must be padded with approved safety and fire rating.

f) Steering wheel centers must be padded.

g) Quick release steering wheels are optional.

h) Quick release five (5) point safety belt with three (3) inch minimum belt width harness securely mounted to roll cage is mandatory. The belts must also contain the original certified date tag and must be less than 3 years old.

i) A 2 pound fire extinguisher in working order must be securely mounted and within driver's reach

j) All other required safety equipment and specifications are addressed in Section 4 of this rule book.

Next Previous Contents Cover
Revised 3-27-07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home - Terms of Use - Privacy Notice - Contact Us
©2002 - 2007 Spartan Speedway, Inc.
Website proudly hosted by Chazlo Technologies - Mason, MI 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33221#msg33221
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:07:44 PM by tricknology »

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 05:59:48 PM »
Heh...sounds like someone really wants to go mini stock racing!

Great info though.  Its probably gonna have to happen sooner or later.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33232#msg33232
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 06:16:35 PM »
Heh...sounds like someone really wants to go mini stock racing!

Great info though.  Its probably gonna have to happen sooner or later.

I think it is obvious that he is Spamming us...i dont know where the admin and other staff are to do something about it.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33237#msg33237

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »
He's not spamming us, his info is actually relevant...As long as the 4-cylinders aren't incompatible with what's around (to a point) I'm not sure it can fail...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6655.msg33238#msg33238

HTML ezBlock

site
stats