Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Two More Top-Fives For Team Turner Racing at Ohsweken  (Read 685 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Two More Top-Fives For Team Turner Racing at Ohsweken
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

Ryan Turner in action behind the wheel of his Burger Barn No.91 Sprint Car at Ohsweken Speedway on June 8, 2018. (Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media).   

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – June 12, 2018 – The fourth week of 360 Sprint Car action at Ohsweken Speedway yielded another pair of top-five finishes for Team Turner Racing, but also resulted in damage to one racecar during June 8th action.

Cory Turner once again paced the team with a third-place finish, his fourth consecutive podium finish aboard his KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 to start the season.

“We only had four podiums at Ohsweken all of last year and we’ve already got four this year, so that’s pretty good,” Cory explained. “I just need to keep getting podium finishes.”

Cory earned a spot in the redraw for the night after winning his heat race from the pole starting spot. He lined up eighth for the 20-lap Feature, but didn’t waste much time moving forward.

“On the starts, the outside row seems to go a little bit better, unless you’re starting on the pole,” Cory said. “My row took off pretty good and I got a couple of guys in the first corner and then a got a couple more guys on the next lap. We were up to fourth pretty early and I was pretty happy with the car.”

After a mid-race red flag, Cory sat second and threw everything he had at leader Dylan Westbrook on the restart with a pair of slidejobs. A few laps later, the car tightened up and Cory got off the top of the track with two laps to go and slid back to third.

“I threw a couple of sliders at him and I tried to shorten them up, but I didn’t make them short enough and he crossed me over,” Cory recalled. “After that we just got wicked tight and got over the cushion and ran third.”

Ryan Turner

Ryan Turner had a strong second night behind the wheel of his new Burger Barn/Kingpin Farms sponsored No.91. The youngest of the Turner family pilots raced his way to a fifth-place finish for the second straight week.

“I felt comfortable and we can make some improvements, but the car was fast and I was happy with our performance,” Ryan said. “I would definitely like to get to the podium and we’re getting closer.”

Ryan made a couple of moves forward on restarts following long red flags, where he was able to focus in on a strategy when the green flag dropped again.

“I was thinking about where I was going to restart, who I was behind and where I was going to run,” Ryan explained. “I was just trying to figure out what I thought might work best. I was looking at my gauges, my wing placement and a few different things. You’re always thinking.”

After a pair of top-five finishes to start his new endeavour with the Burger Barn-owned car, Ryan is excited about how the Burger Barn and Team Turner groups have begun working together.

“I’m personally having a great time and a lot of the crew guys and Burger Barn guys are having a great time,” Ryan said. “It’s meshing well and I think that’s showing on the track as well. We’re getting some good output from the Kingpin Farms No.91 and we’re going to keep getting better. We’re definitely working as a team to figure out what’s going to make us quicker.”

Ryan plans to make his first Southern Ontario Sprints start of the season next Saturday at Brighton Speedway after Friday’s event at Ohsweken.

“I’m excited to get back to Brighton. I always love Hot Laps at Brighton,” Ryan joked, referecing the fast speeds at the racey 1/3-mile track.

Jamie Turner

Jamie Turner had the toughest week of the three team members behind the wheel of his Charlie Bee Honey No.11. In his heat race, Jamie was locked in a top-five battle when Steve Lyons spun in front of the field. Jamie drove to miss the accident, but Lyons’ car rolled unexpectedly and Jamie made contact, sending the car in the air and rolling to its side. Jamie was uninjured, but the car was damaged, forcing Jamie to ‘start and park’ for the Feature.

“When all the wheels are on it, it looks alright until you get looking at it,” Jamie said of the damage. “It’s like you had a bunch of tomatoes in a bag and you smashed the bag around. The bag still looks alright, but the tomatoes inside aren’t so good. The car’s bent, but we’re going to fix it this week and hopefully get back to where we were and keep on going Friday night.”

The disappoint came not so much from the damage, but rather the fact that it eliminated Jamie’s first chance at a top-10 this season. The car was the best it’s been this season in Hot Laps and Heat Race action before the accident.

“We were a lot better,” Jamie said excitedly. “The guys did a great job this week and we just found something where I felt a lot better. We were looking forward to going racing for a while, but that didn’t happen and that’s just the way it goes.”

Jamie was quick to credit his crew for their hard work on the car to hit the setup.

“We just threw a little bit different setup at it, something that I had run in the past and it just really liked this car,” he explained.

Up Next

All three Team Turner Racing cars will be back in action on Friday night at Ohsweken Speedway for Wall of Fame and Kids Race for Canadian National Autism Foundation night on June 15. Ryan and Jamie are planning to head east to Brighton Speedway on Saturday for the Southern Ontario Sprints event. Cory is currently evaluating his options for Saturday, but does hope to race. For more information on Team Turner Racing, visit www.TeamTurnerRacing.ca.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 4 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 0 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 4 Starts: 0 Wins, 2 Top-5s, 4 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 6 Starts: 0 Wins, 4 Top-5s, 4 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS

Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Mudcat Entertainment Centre, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Country Event Services, JNE Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Mayhew Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26131.msg118698#msg118698
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 14, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats