Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Racing At Varney  (Read 1506 times)

Offline varneyspeedway

• Car Owner
Racing At Varney
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »
Let's face it, we started out the year limping to the green flag but, with a month and a half to go, Varney is starting to shine again.

Stock 4 car counts were always decent and now, a few new cars have joined the fold for the remainder of the season and we are seeing some fantastic racing in this division. THe wins are starting to get spread out and some younger drivers are starting to get a glimpse at the front of the pack. You never know who will win on any given night....at least the heats anyway and, that's where you got to start. Stock 4's are putting on a great show and the more, the merrier.

Street Stocks are a sore spot for me. I so want to see this division survive in this province and, with us and Sauble the only track running them, it's a shame we can't seem to work together. That said, our Street Stock racing has been the best on the track over recent weeks. If we could just get everyone; who was either registered or who has come out to run the track this year; to show up...we would have ourselves one hell of a Street Stock show! Unified rules and drastic cost reduction tactics required to save this true grass-roots affordable class of racing. No offence to the Stock 4 cars but, not everyone wants to run that class as an affordable option and, even there, costs are starting to rise in order to stay upfront.

Late Models at Varney are hot and cold. One week we have a bunch and its a great week. The next, only a handful and it's follow the leader. One thing is for sure, when they do show up, it is fast, tight and exciting to watch. The same goes for the All Pro Modifieds. All the usual suspects are there with a few newer ones and they always a blast to watch.

Sadly, 2011 may be the year that marks the end of Super Street Stocks/Thunder Cars at Varney Speedway. Disention within the ranks early on in the season, disputes over purses and an inability to start the season with a common ground may be what put the final nail in the coffin. Fact is, we haven't run them for weeks and the pathetic thing is, when we do, it usually a great show.

As you all know, it doesn't take many cars to make for great racing at Varney because the track is so tight. A ten-car feature race provides plenty of action. A sixteen-car feature is off the hook!

Our track is unique and does not resemble any of the other tracks in the province and, it's a wicked place to run and, a ton of fun too.

Now to get to the point....I know you're not all running for a Championship at your hometrack. Now is a great time to test the waters so to speak. Get out there every once in a while and see what other tracks can offer. Varney is a great family atmosphere that can accomodate you in more ways than simply what you see on the track. Not to mention that, there is still some races to be won here. Your middle of the pack car at your hometrack may be a front runner with us. Not that I'm trying to take food from our regular's mouths but, it is time for us to look toward to next season and beyond.

I encourage you to come out and try. No harm in that.

There are a lot of rumors circulating about the future of Varney Speedway and I can tell you that it is poised to bounce back strong and reclaim it's place as the envy of other tracks. The fans are still there, The family atmoshpere, the tight racing and the Varney burgers...mmmmmm...Varney Burgers.... The image of the track that many of you may see us as is not what you think. Certain sponsorship programs and fundraising initiatives are undergoiing facelifts. While we remain committed to our fund raising efforts, we recognize that we could achieve more for these organizations with a few adjustments.

Bottom line, Varney is "Open For Business". All you have to do is ask those that have made the change this season. Great Racing, Great Fans. Lots Of Fans. Free overnight Camping. Family friendly environment. What other reasons are there? If there are any, I'm sure we can either accomodate or put them on the agenda to consider.

Not trying to sound "cap in hand" but, like any track, trying to work towards the future.

Come check us out!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13942.msg95842#msg95842

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Racing At Varney
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

Offline AaronM 29

• Rookie Driver
Re: Racing At Varney
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »
hoping to throw a motor in our llm and come run a few nights at the end of the year

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13942.msg96000#msg96000

HTML ezBlock

site
stats