Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Andretti Autosport Race Preview: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit  (Read 737 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
IZOD IndyCar Series
Race Preview: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit

Ryan Hunter-Reay, No. 1 DHL Chevrolet   
Coming off a win at Barber Motorsports Park earlier in the season and a strong showing in Indianapolis last weekend, Hunter-Reay enters the doubleheader race weekend ranked fourth in the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series championship title fight. The American started the 2012 Detroit Grand Prix from the sixth position and finished the shortened race in seventh after running as high as fourth.

"I'm not sure any of us know what to expect in Detroit this weekend -- this (doubleheader race weekend) will be a first for everyone, really. It will be interesting to see how things play out with the different tire strategies, and qualifying for the second race will be a bit different for us. It's two full races for two sets of points... a long weekend, but there are 100 points on the line and we need to capitalize and get as many as we can for the DHL Chevy."

Marco Andretti, No. 25 RC Cola Chevrolet

As the new IZOD IndyCar Series points leader, Marco Andretti and the RC Cola crew look to continue their consistency this weekend. Andretti has recorded two podium finishes this season, both on temporary street circuits. The third-generation racer started from the 24th-grid position on Belle Isle in 2012 and made up 13 positions to finish the day in 11th.

"It's great to head to Belle Isle with the points lead -- we need to keep the momentum going with consistency for the 25 Chevy. The new layout should be good for passing so we're looking forward to two great races for the fans. The RC Cola boys will be looking for a podium finish... or a win."

E.J. Viso, No. 5 Team Venezuela PDVSA CITGO Chevrolet

With his highest Indianapolis 500 start to date, five laps led and two top-10 finishes under his belt already this season, 28-year-old Viso heads to Detroit 12th in the championship points standings. The Venezuelan will make his third start on the streets of Belle Isle this weekend.

"Heading back to Detroit... one of my favorite tracks last year. I had a pretty good race going on, a good qualifying. I believe that with the great momentum we've created as a team, and the great performances that we've had so far, we definitely have a good chance to perform on top in Detroit. On top of that, we'll have two chances, two opportunities of performing as it will be a doubleheader."

James Hinchcliffe, No. 27 GoDaddy Chevrolet

Canadian James Hinchcliffe has recorded two street-circuit victories this season (St. Pete and Sao Paulo) and heads to Detroit fifth in the points standings. His race on Belle Isle ended early in 2012 as he fell victim to declining track conditions and ended up in the tires in Turn 6 after a piece of track become lodged in the GoDaddy Chevy.

"Despite what most people think, I'm actually looking forward to going to back to Detroit. Obviously last year wasn't the best race for us, but having visited the site earlier this year and seeing the renovations and the updates, I really can't wait to get back. The organization there has done an incredible job revamping the place after the event last year and the new configuration, I think, is going to suit our cars and our racing a whole lot better. When you put those things together with the fact that it's the first doubleheader, it something that we know nothing about. I'd be lying if I didn't have some apprehension about it, but at the same time, new things bring excitement. Looking forward to getting there and seeing how this new format unfolds. More than anything, hopefully it's a good show for the fans because that's what it's all about."

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17651.msg107607#msg107607
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats