Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NEELY AND DEMAN TAKE WINS IN LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGET SERIES  (Read 1028 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
For Immediate Release
Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets
Sauble Speedway (Ont)
Varney Speedway (Ont)
July 1, 2013
by Cindy Lorenz

NEELY AND DEMAN TAKE WINS IN LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGET SERIES

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets celebrated the Canadian Holiday weekend with two races. Rob Neely won on Sunday night at Varney Speedway (Ont), taking over the points lead and Mack DeMan swept the field on the Saturday night race at Sauble Speedway (Ont).

Capturing his second win of the season, the first on 'Opening Day' at Flamboro, defending Champion Neely, took the lead on lap one and held off a very strong Todd Cresswell to take the win for the 25 lap feature. At the drop of the green, Neely went from his 3rd place starting spot to the inside lane coming out of turn two and passed both pole sitter Rob DiVenanzo and second place starter David Balych to take the lead. DiVenanzo held on to second as Cresswell took over third place. Adrian Stahle got around Balych for fourth, but that was short lived as Balych motored back around Stahle for that position one lap later.
Mack DeMan, coming off his win on Saturday at Sauble Speedway, made contact with another car causing the loss of the rear suspension in his car and spun into the infield, not causing a caution to be thrown. Two laps later a caution was thrown for rookie AJ Emms as he hit the frontstraight wall and spun, taking him out of the race. DeMan went into the pits, ending his evening after a great run the night before. Neely shot to the front at the restart only to have another caution one lap later James Gray also broke and spun taking him out of contention. This restart now had Cresswell behind Neely as DiVenanzo fell back to 6th place. Stahle got around Balych again for third as Corey Moesker joined the top five.
Neely shot to the front with Cresswell in hot pursuit. The yellow flag was again thrown as Barry Dunn hit the wall coming out of turn four and was towed off the track. Neely again took the lead over Cresswell and Balych powered around Stahle for third spot. Moesker kept the fifth spot. The top cars ran speeds in the high 11 second range and kept within a half car length of each other. At the halfway point rookie Tyler Turnbull spun in turn four putting him to the back at the restart. The final caution came out on lap 21 as DiVenanzo had problems on the backstraight. Neely had Cresswell on his bumper for one last shot at the final restart but held on for the win.
In Victory Circle, Neely said, "I want to thank my family and Ken and Cindy Lorenz for all they do. Ken again gave me a great car tonight. I knew Todd was going to be a challenge, but we always race each other hard but clean. I changed up each restart to not let him know what I was going to do. This win is for my Dad on his birthday. Thanks also to Lucas Oil and Hoosier Tires". With his win Neely took over the points by 7 over Cresswell.
Heats were won by Cresswell and Balych.

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Varney Speedway on Sunday, June 30, 2013 was...1. ROB NEELY,  2. Todd Cresswell, 3. David Balych, 4. Adrian Stahle, 5. Corey Moesker, 6. Adam Walsh, 7. Tyler Turnbull (R), 8. Tom Kyle, 9. Darren McLennan, 10. Rob DiVenanzo, 11. Dylon Smith (R), 12. Ryan Fraser (R), 13. Adam Racine (R), 14. Barry Dunn, 15. James Gray, 16. AJ Emms (R), 17. Mack DeMan.

MACK DEMAN WINS LUCAS OIL CAN-AM RACE AT SAUBLE SPEEDWAY

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets ran their first race of the Canadian Holiday weekend at Sauble Speedway on Saturday night and Mack DeMan took his second win of the season. Starting 4th in the 25 lap feature, DeMan took the lead on lap 2 from Rob DiVenanzo and took it to the checkered flag.
Accepting the winners trophy, DeMan said "I want to thank car owners Andy and Craig Mackereth for letting me drive this car. We are going for the championship this year and they check every nut and bolt to make it right. I want to thank Lucas Oil for their sponsorship of almost 10 years, DeMan Construction and Crown Steering and Brake for all their help." With his win DeMan took over the points lead on Saturday night.

As the green flag flew pole sitter Rob DiVenanzo took the lead followed by Barry Dunn, DeMan, Adrian Stahle and Rob Neely. One lap later DeMan took over second place and set sites on DiVenanzo. Coming out of turn two one lap later DeMan took the lead. DiVenanzo hung on to second for two more laps as DeMan's teammate, Stahle, charged ahead to claim that spot. The first and only caution came out on lap 7 for Chris Bauman as he blew his motor in turn one and quickly exited the track. At the restart DeMan opened up a sizable lead with Stahle battling Todd Cresswell. Divenanzo was fourth and Dunn rounded the top five. At the halfway point, DiVenanzo began to fade out of the top five and Corey Moesker moved into it. Two laps later with DeMan way ahead of the field, Stahle, Cresswell and Moesker held their own battle. Rob Neely had now moved into fifth place. On the next lap Neely passed Moesker and joined Cresswell and Stahle fighting for the runnerup position. DeMan took the checkered flag with Stahle, Cresswell, Neely and Moesker in the top five.
Heats were won by Neely and DeMan.
Rookies Ryan Fraser, 2012 Hurricane Midget Champion and Cody Kyle, son of Tommy Kyle ran their first races of the season with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets with very respectable finishes.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets next head west for their first visit of the year to the 'Bullring' of Grand Bend Speedway on Saturday, July 6th.

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway on Saturday, June 29, 2013 was...1. MACK DEMAN, 2. Adrian Stahle, 3. Todd Cresswell, 4. Rob Neely, 5. Corey Moesker, 6. David Balych, 7. Barry Dunn, 8. Rob DiVenanzo, 9. Adam Racine (R), 10. Ryan Fraser (R), 11. Tyler Turnbull (R), 12. Craig Mackereth, 13. Cody Kyle (R), 14. Dylon Smith (R), 15. Chris Bauman. DNS...Darren McLennan.

Unofficial Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of July 1, 2013 are...1.ROB NEELY...785, 2. Todd Cresswell...778, 3. Corey Moesker...749, 4. tie..Adrian Stahle...744, David Balych...744, 6. Mack DeMan...714, 7. Barry Dunn...643, 8. Rob DiVenanzo...621, 9. Adam Racine (R)...570, 10. Tyler Turnbull (R)...567, 11. Darren McLennan...557, 12. Dylon Smith (R)...501, 13. Chris Bauman...384, 14. Chris Holman...292, 15. Tommy Kyle...290, 16. Craig Mackereth...227, 17. Ryan Fraser (R)...225, 18. Cody Winn (R)...202, 19. AJ Emms (R)...186, 20. Adam Walsh...135, 21. Jeff Blackburn...115, 22. Greg Smulders...109, 23. Cody Kyle (R)...103, 24. James Gray...102, 25. Daniel Bois...91

For more information of the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17932.msg108179#msg108179
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats